IGNORED

L28 full rebuild assembly

Av8ferg

agree with ZH on injectors, I would just test them see how they flow and if obvious problems then try picking the best of the litter. I did get mine prof cleaned locally, but you never really know what they actually did. Main thing is to avoid leakers or really poor spray. That being said the "spray pattern" is not all that great looking. Perhaps its the injector being dirty OR maybe just the lower pressure they operate at, compared to modern systems anyway. You could always just rig up a setup to spray cleaner both forward and reverse while triggering them. I think just using them by driving is the best way to clean assuming those filters are not clogged up.

If I remember right a set of the Standard FJ707T was as cheap as having mine sent off and cleaned.

That was a pain in the rectum trying to get info on injectors in 2011 when I built the 2.8 motor.  You'll see Bigfoot before you get straight, consistent data.  Those FJ3s on ebay were a popular choice back then.  Fastwoman had them and liked them too.  She was quite picky, OCD-ish, I miss her participation on here. 

• Like 1

I have seen new style injectors sold as a replacement, IIRC something with 4 hole heads, short tails that have been modified to work with reg hose, and they are designed to not use the resistors to drop current flow due to different coils. sounds like a lot of differences from the recommended replacements. I wonder if the lower pressures would effect them as well?

• Like 1

Okay, that question has opened a small can of Z worms I see. Here are pics on my injectors that came on this engine from the JY. Status.....unknown, they appear to be original. They look a bit dirty but that’s not a tell tale sign of operational condition I know.
They are all identical.
879c961af17cede05d9d50b8affc61fb.jpg74733bf4200e2918d630cee9b38e0a7a.jpgf24d4c24367f246a1471e36ec250ebbc.jpgede0f406360884e84f6e750659ca49f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk