IGNORED

77 Z not starting anymore - Conductivity results

Labubre

today i played with my injectors, at least the connectors of injectors 5 et 6. Quite corroded...contact cleaner used.

Then i suddenly preferred to try to start the engine....who did start!!!

I don't get everything right now, i wish somebody would share is point of view

When engine did not start i had connectivity results as below

3A - Cylindre 4 - 11,5V
3B - Cylindre 1 - 0V
3C - Cylindre 5 - 11,5V
3D - Cylindre 6 - 12,35V
3E - Cylindre 3 - 12,35V
3F - Cylindre 2 - 0,5V
Now that engine is starting is measure:
3A - Cylindre 4 - 12.7V
3B - Cylindre 1 - 12.7V
3C - Cylindre 5 - 12.7V
3D - Cylindre 6 - 12.7V
3E - Cylindre 3 - 12.7V
3F - Cylindre 2 - 2V

I couldn't hear injector 2 work...2V might not be enough. I am not sure if he's getting enough problem OR if the problem is teh injector

I believe injector 3 is working, sound is lower, or the sound come's from nearby injector.

Injector 1/4/5/6 are giving a clear and equivalent sound.

I am about to order some new injectors and connectors if they can be found.

But i am not sure the engine will start tomorrow!!!

Edited by Labubre

Congratulations!

I would think the later volt readings are from the alternator spinning.

After a lot of research I bought Standard FJ707. Good injectors at a good price.

Connectors from a ebay seller. Someone will have to help here as I can't remember at the moment. New connectors and heat shrink for the solder connections at a good price too.

Glad to hear you are making progress.

Note: there are two types of connectors. 1-The old style that your z most likely has already. These have a very annoying spring clip that tends to be a pain to remove and are easily lost , and 2- new style that have a push type spring that allows you to remove the connector easily with one hand and no tool. Make sure you get the second kind. I think most sellers are only selling these now, but just make sure.

Also, before you order the connectors, make sure ALL the other connectors to various sensors in the FI harness are in good shape. The same ebay sellers sell a complete connector kit that will cover all the sensors (or at least most of them) for not much more money than just the injectors.

Len

• Like 2

I would also get newer hex head injector hold down screws if you have the oe phillips head type.

That Ebay kit I bought was like Superlen says above, extra for the csv, plugs on thermo housing. Also had white and black wires, no red. Seems like his username was something to with "Zs"? Zconexion, zclips, ztronics.

zgeek? siteunseen...

You can order the hex head bolts through your local Nissan dealer. I paid €0.68each two years ago.

The part number has changed a couple of times which makes it harder to find.

P/N: 08360-53014 or 01121-02981

I don't mind ebay sellers trying to make a buck by parallel selling. He is not too over priced ($14 to Nissan $9.85), but it's the shipping we have to pay to get it to Europe that bugs me. 

Screenshot_20190901-094809.jpg

20190901_094857.png

Screenshot_20190901-092140.jpg

Edited by EuroDat
  • Like 1