I have a 71 240. Problem I'm having is it seems like my clutch is always engaged. It's almost impossible to get it into either first or second gear unless the car is off or rolling. In first and reverse with the clutch fully depressed the car rolls forward or back as if I'm letting off the clutch. Also theres a good clunk with the initial shift into reverse. I've replaced the master cylinder slave cylinder looks in good shape no leaks. I have the adjustable shank on my slave cylinder so I tried to thread it out thinking it would improve and it did the exact opposite, so I threaded the shank all the way back to the point where it is just barely (not even 1 ft lbs) touching my clutch fork and still I'm having the same issue. System has been bleed completely and I cant take anymore away from the shank on the slave cylinder. Later I will try adjusting the clutch pedal from under the dash see if that gives me any improvement. Any advice or suggestions would help thanks for the read!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

Did you try lengthening the master cylinder rod to clutch pedal yet?

No I havent tried that yet but I get a good pedal so I'm not sure if that would be the issue. Also I dont want to adjust it and then have to figure out how to get it back to where it is if that isnt the issue

The master cylinder that I replaced looked to be original and I set the new one to the exact same length so I'm kinda thinking that wouldnt be the problem as much as the clutch itself