IGNORED

HLS30-00640 Up for Auction on eBay

This car looks to be too far gone to restore IMHO. Does not have its original matching-numbers engine (L26). The seller is being very honest when he states that the car is "Extremely rusty and needs a total restoration"  However, it could be a good parts car for someone who has a '69 production 240Z or a 1/70 build and needs the clear rear hatch glass, early hood, etc (assuming that at least some of the 1/70 240Zs had these parts). Here's the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264351203157?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true&autorefresh=true

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

• Like 1

$1700 and reserve not met, even for a parts car it seems high for the condition. Hard to say what is going to still be original and/or usable. The center console is of a later year. Interesting tail pipes too. JMO

11 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

$1700 and reserve not met, even for a parts car it seems high for the condition. Hard to say what is going to still be original and/or usable. The center console is of a later year. Interesting tail pipes too. JMO

Agreed. $1,700.00 with reserve not met seems high.  However, if this car has an early hood, how much are they worth?  And the clear rear hatch glass an other rare early Z parts? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patcon said:

That's a shame. The last clear glass I saw discussed was in the $2k range. So the glass alone makes the car appealing to someone who has the right car needing parts.

@hiyabrad

It's a long way from you but it may have something you want

Wow, I didn't know the clear glass is worth $2K, but makes sense when you consider how rare and what the demand is. The rear hatch louvers on this car probably saved the glass. I wonder how much an early hood is worth?

35 minutes ago, lonetreesteve said:

Wow, I didn't know the clear glass is worth $2K, but makes sense when you consider how rare and what the demand is. The rear hatch louvers on this car probably saved the glass. I wonder how much an early hood is worth?

If I had to guess $600-1000 depending on condition. Most of the hoods I see for sale are about $300. So I doubled that and went from there. I don't know that I've ever seen an early hood

• Like 1

Yesterday I spoke briefly with the seller Roy and he confirmed that the rear hatch glass is clear without any rear defogger lines.  I also asked him what the reserve was and all he said was that is was higher than the current high bid of $1,700.00. No pictures in the listing of the underside of the hood to see if it's an early one. The auction ends today. Anyone interested in the car can call Roy at 905-704-8475.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lonetreesteve said:

Auction ended with the car bid up to $3,150.00 and still didn't meet the reserve.

Ok, so now they're just being silly. The car is a total loss! Not enough in parts to justify that price.

Edited by Patcon
  • Like 3