IGNORED

Need a hood fast

Matthew Abate

If the repro requires a lot of massaging you may end up with the same amount of time as sourcing an original that needed a bit of work and will have spent more money. While looking for a replacement, I'd try a stud welder and a torch to pull out as much of the outside layer as you can on the old one. You might find the original usable.

33 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

If the repro requires a lot of massaging you may end up with the same amount of time as sourcing an original that needed a bit of work and will have spent more money. While looking for a replacement, I'd try a stud welder and a torch to pull out as much of the outside layer as you can on the old one. You might find the original usable.

I don't know the condition of Mathew's hood but the one with the bruised nose is the one Bruce's friend has, I believe

• Like 1

Yup. That one with the bruised nose is my local buddy's. He was going to fix it, but he got lucky and turned up a replacement instead that was in really great shape. The luxury he had was that he was not in a hurry at the time and wasn't under the pressure from a painter to get parts yesterday.

17 hours ago, Matthew Abate said:

Yeah, my painter says no go. Thanks for the attempt, though!

No prob. Glad to (try to) help.   :beer:

If anybody ever needs a cheap hood (that needs work) mine, the one posted by CO, will most likely be available.  I think if you used a cutting disk to slit around the dent and then pull the material from behind you could do a pretty good job with a hammer and dolly then tig it all back together.  It would be a PITA but not impossible.

The steel on most of these panels is rather thin and dents easily.  I'd be surprised if you can find one that doesn't have depressions that need filler.  My 'Good One' had a twist and a few 'handprints'.

Good luck :)