IGNORED

Blue 1970 S30 on BAT

Mike

There are a couple of "experts" in the comment section pointing out incorrectness issues with the car and arguing over their expertness mojo.  I'm glad they are not here.  Lovely car, very well prepared.

• Like 1

Beautiful car. I took a quick look through the comments and I think there is more of an issue with the tone of voice being used to point out some of the incorrectness, rather than the incorrectness itself. The insinuation of questionable intent:

"i just find it to be very strange how you own over 15 Z cars and you dont know ...... Just like you didnt know .... lol. or maybe for some reason you are pretended not to know but indeed you do.. what ever it may be."

Uhhh.... OK.   :ph34r:

Something I see that I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned... That's a dash cap screwed into place, right? That bugs me.

Also, the shift knob... It's the "right" Nissan knob, but it's still wrong.  LOL 

And there was some discussion about the carb correctness... The car is said to currently sport three screw SU's and the seller says they are the correct carbs for the year. I though three screws were used in 72 only? I'm no expert, but I thought a 70 car should carry four screw SU's.

5 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Something I see that I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned... That's a dash cap screwed into place, right? That bugs me.

Yes, I was surprised that no one mentioned that.  Seems like a much more prominent item than the rear interior panel.  Love all the engine shots, but the spark plug wire holder that attaches to the water housing is missing. Though there are other items, those are the two that stand out to me.  Both pretty fixable. Personally, I think it is one of the nicest looking Z's that I have seen on BAT.  I am predicting an $80K sales price.

Oh man, I didn't notice the dash cap.  Too bad the guy expressing his knowledge isn't a bit more informative on his findings.  Seems he is coming across a bit salty and the group isn't going for it.

I didn't notice the dash cap either!

The hood is not the early style, but is this car early enough to have sported one when new?  It is late enough to have sound tar on the rear deck.

The tail light interior cover has the service panels, actually a very desirable feature IMO.

Correct original spare tire.  AMCO floor mats.

I agree with all the comments that this is indeed a lovely car - lots of attention to correct details and, yes... a couple of misses.  The dash cap is an important item and probably should be mentioned in the description and not left for discovery.  As to other small items: the antenna does not have the correct bullet tip, the braided hose from the valve cover to the air filter should have a spring clamp at each end, the taillight surround looks to have a shiny reflection - suggesting it may have a clear coat.  I see no issue with the mix of braided and smooth hoses.  Most braided hoses I see today are from Germany and have it clearly printed on them.

This shop is putting some very nice 240Z's back on the road and in doing so is raising the values for all of us.  Now if only I could afford more insurance!