IGNORED

Datsun Z kit car from a VW

grannyknot

13 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

My '70s fashion was Huffy bicycles and Alva skateboards. 

The cars I rember were the Vega and that small Opal. I liked those.

We had both of those. I think I still have an Alva board here somewhere. You can tell the drugs were readily available when you see a car like that!!!

• Haha 1

in deed, skate parks, wow, went to a few of those. I recall one that was built but nver officially opened (liablity issues prob) anyway they put a chain link fence all around it (was HUGE right of I-95 near commercial blvd in so fla. Sneak in and go crazy with no adult in sight, just 100 skate boarders going nutz. It was fun. I was a bit too old to try the nuttier stuff the 12-13 yr olds were pulling like hand stands down the giant hill to get up speed, then up a wall just to lose it in free space and fall on their butz. I had an old solid thick board with sand paper glued on it. fun stuff until the ambulance shows up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dave WM said:

in deed, skate parks, wow, went to a few of those. I recall one that was built but nver officially opened (liablity issues prob) anyway they put a chain link fence all around it (was HUGE right of I-95 near commercial blvd in so fla. Sneak in and go crazy with no adult in sight, just 100 skate boarders going nutz. It was fun. I was a bit too old to try the nuttier stuff the 12-13 yr olds were pulling like hand stands down the giant hill to get up speed, then up a wall just to lose it in free space and fall on their butz. I had an old solid thick board with sand paper glued on it. fun stuff until the ambulance shows up.

The owner of ours dilled and dropped explosives down and blew it to small chunks. After he closed it the bowls filled with water and some drunk teenager drowned in the murky water. Sad all the way around.

1 hour ago, Mark Maras said:

1964, fifteen years old steel wheels and a slab of plywood. While racing a friend down a hill (no skate parks yet )I caught a rock doing around 20 MPH and slid and slid and slid. Ah, the memories of road rash and worse.

Yeah, road rash is no fun. Done that a couple of times. :angry:

2 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

1964, fifteen years old steel wheels and a slab of plywood. While racing a friend down a hill (no skate parks yet )I caught a rock doing around 20 MPH and slid and slid and slid. Ah, the memories of road rash and worse.

sidewalk surfing fun stuff.

Oh man, we used to skate from San Francisco State University all the way down to pier 39, did it one time and lost my buddies board in the water, slipped through the metal fence at the pier. Was even thinking about it happening, as I watched it slip through and fade into the greenish water below. 

Drunk skating is not too bad especially if you have a board like Patcons, they just glide.

Another time I was waiting for the bus, slipped off and landed on my chin.

good times, I need to finish my car up and drive it to skimboard. The hours we go at make for good photos. 

• Like 1