IGNORED

Happy 2019! A lot of 50 year milestones coming up!

You need to add 10 to whatever number people are usually using, because Mr. K came up with the idea for the Zed in 1959!  Or you need to be specific to reference the anniversary of the first American sale. 

Edited by TomoHawk
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, TomoHawk said:

You need to add 10 to whatever number people are usually using, because Mr. K came up with the idea for the Zed in 1959!  Or you need to be specific to reference the anniversary of the first American sale. 

Just 50 year milestones.... nothing more.

On 1/1/2019 at 10:21 AM, 240260280 said:

images

The Z advert from 'Parker University Datsun' in Hamilton caught my eye.  I've been living in nearby Burlington for the past 10 years and had never heard of this dealership, despite its location near the McMaster University campus (which I visit frequently on business).  A quick check using Google Map shows that the site is now occupied by a Hebrew Memorial Chapel.  It looks like it was a terrible location for a dealership -- well off the nearest main thoroughfare and well outside of the Hamilton city core.  Probably one of those small entrepreneurial retailer operations that tended to pick up franchises from the likes of Fiat, Volvo, and BL back in the day.  There's no such thing as a 'University Nissan' or 'Parker Nissan' in the Hamilton area these days, so I would guess that they got axed by Nissan Canada corporate in the 1980's when 'Datsun' transitioned to 'Nissan' and went up-market (or tried to).

Even the Harvey's fast-food franchise is gone.  For non-Canadians, Harvey's make the world's best, greasiest onion rings (along with a nuclear hamburger and a tasty-but-highly-synthetic milkshake).

• Like 1

My guess is it's in the American west...

I used to do the off-road stuff in my 73 240Z. At about 40MPH on washboard dirt road it was kind of like being on ice, felt like you were floating. Once we drove the 73 into a fishing hole on Flaming Gorge reservoir and there were a couple of guys in a 4 wheel drive truck that couldn't believe we got there in the 240Z. On the way out we hit a rock and separated the exhaust pipe from the headers, man was that loud getting back to Manila, UT where we were able to put it back together at a gas station (back in the day when gas stations had lifts and would let you use them).

Here in Google Earth

41°02'03.20" N 109°33'38.20" W

• Like 3