IGNORED

[2019] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

We had a Georgia Z Club gathering at the warehouse where one of our members keeps his cars. The newly fuel-injected 260Z ran great, too. It didn't hurt that the temperature was about 20 degrees cooler than it had been earlier in the week.

Warehouse Visit 2019-10-05 006.jpgWarehouse Visit 2019-10-05 001.jpgWarehouse Visit 2019-10-05 003.jpgWarehouse Visit 2019-10-05 012.jpgWarehouse Visit 2019-10-05 014.jpgWarehouse Visit 2019-10-05 015.jpgWarehouse Visit 2019-10-05 030.jpgWarehouse Visit 2019-10-05 037.jpgWarehouse Visit 2019-10-05 039.jpgWarehouse Visit 2019-10-05 038.jpgWarehouse Visit 2019-10-05 040.jpgWarehouse Visit 2019-10-05 041.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Our local club had a car show / get together last Saturday at Superior Nissan which is one of our sponsors.  We managed to field 21 cars, a radio station did a remote from there, lots of people stopped by.   All models were represented except for a zx, even a Scarab.   Zup went home with a medallion, but it wasn't gold...    Started off cold but warmed up by noon & turned into a fun day.  Plans are to do it again in the spring.

Superior 2.jpgSuperior 1.jpgSuperior 4.jpgSuperior 3.jpg

• Like 4

Did a restoration of the octane in both cars today! Pretty tough job but I'm happy with the results. LOL

Guy at the pump next to me said I should wash my car. It shines like a new nickel so I told him I was just getting a splash of gas to make it to the "buy 10 gallons and get a free car wash" place on the other side of town. He looked at me sideways for a second or 2 then started smiling. It was great.

• Like 2

I took the 260Z over to a friend's house today. I wanted to check how close my timing light was to his. At idle it was 1 degree off. That was close enough for me. He said I could still bump it up a couple of more degrees, and I said I would think about it. It just cruises so nicely now.

We looked at a car he was working on for a customer. It was draining the battery after an alternator replacement. The previous alternator and replacement were both GM alternators. I told him before we got over there that the switched wire wasn't landed at the right spot. We checked the draw. It was 4 A. I told him to disconnect all but the ground and main wire. The draw disappeared. We validated that it wasn't the EFI relay (78 280Z). I didn't think it was, but since I don't have the wiring diagram memorized, I couldn't absolutely rule it out. I told him to swap the wires. He did, and there was no draw on the battery. Unfortunately, the battery had been drained and recharged too many times, and it needs to be replaced.

We then moved to one of his cars. It's a 73 with an L28ET swap. It didn't have headlights. I checked the fuses. I made sure there was voltage at the fuses. The headlights still weren't on. I checked at the combo switch, and I found voltage on the dash harness side. I told him there was a grounding issue. We found the ground wire that wasn't connected, and the headlights came on. Then there was the matter of the high/low dimmer switch. It was non-functional. He had another turn signal switch, so I stripped off a good high/low switch from it and put that on the switch for the 73. Now it will change from high to low and back again.

He called me after I got home. He didn't like how my transmission sounded as I left his house. I will raise the car on the lift and check the transmission oil level later this week.

I like Z car days like this.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Going to build a new house, garage, long driveway, ditches, etc. on some land we bought a couple of years ago so I figured this would save some money and have a fun factor. Janet OK'd so we bought it last night.

2015 Kubota BX25D with 37hours.  It has loader, backhoe (with thumb)  and is a 3 cylinder diesel..... now to learn "tractor'n"

Similar Facsimile:

The Region's 1st Choice For Auctions! Browse Auctions Search ...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Going to build a new house, garage, long driveway, ditches, etc. on some land we bought a couple of years ago so I figured this would save some money and have a fun factor. Janet OK'd so we bought it last night.

2015 Kubota BX25D with 37hours.  It has loader, backhoe (with thumb)  and is a 3 cylinder diesel..... now to learn "tractor'n"

Similar Facsimile:

The Region's 1st Choice For Auctions! Browse Auctions Search ...

Too bad Im not closer. I could've helped...

• Like 1