IGNORED

I'm one of those people now

siteunseen

I just bought a huge phone.  It has excellent front and rear cameras as well as video.  I have no pictures of my family and friends for prosperity but that changes now so get ready!

samsung galaxy j7.  I presently have a Samsung 3G that works great but the battery needs charging twice a day.  

@Captain Obvious you're next!

Flip phones are like sling shots. 

• Like 1

I first used a car phone in 1984. It looked a bit like the one below but with an extra push button matrix for matching cell to a map.  

I hate cell "phone-cameras" and the crap technology people are addicted to these days.  It is so sad to see where it came from and where it went.

I remember seeing all the kids texting in Ireland in 2000 and thinking how poor they were as to not be able to afford voice services! Little did I know.

image.png

Captain, once you’re on the smartphone crack pipe you’ll never come off. It’s a double-edge sword, I use my iPhone for everything and don’t think it would be easy to go back. It’s critical for my job so I’m stuck. These devices have damaged our society but older people (like us) had learned to communicate with people face to face because we grew up with out this capability, something young people these days struggle with. I wish as a society we could go back that won’t happen unless we get hit with with an EMP or CME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, take your extra ECU and put it in a metal box (ammo can?) with metal tape to seal the gaps then when the EMP hits you’ll be cruising around the ville in your 280z when everyone else will be rolling in Adidas or bicycles. IMG_8659.GIF.0359520a9923ae1f6e93a9e449fdc4b0.GIF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Yeah, I know. And about the only time I miss having one is when I travel. Someday, I'm sure I won't have the choice anymore.

In the meantime, maybe I'll work on my EMP generator?  LOL

There's not many of us left, my 12 year old flip phone works fine for the couple of calls I make a month, $15 for a top up card, hard to beat that.