IGNORED

Farewell, my Z family!

FastWoman

Hey Charles!  Wow, you've seen me on the Z3 list?!  I'm humbled.  Yeah, that's the one thing about rag-tops I can't stand.  The Z3 sure is a fun car, though, ain't it?

We've reserved in our motor pool a 1994 Miata - my partner's car - which is in prime condition thanks to the restoration work of the previous owner, a Miata enthusiast.  Being a ragtop, it's strictly a fair-weather car and obligatory garage queen.  I can't say I have as much heart into this car, because there's not really much I've had to do to it.  However, my partner enjoys the sunshine on her shoulders (doesn't like hardtops with black interiors), and her pleasure gives me pleasure.  Besides, it's a really fun little car to drive too - just cute, though, and not drop-dead sexy like the Z.  So if you see someone in a little, red, first-gen Miata waving at you in your Z, wave back.  It might be me.  ?

1 hour ago, FastWoman said:

Hey Charles!  Wow, you've seen me on the Z3 list?!  I'm humbled.  Yeah, that's the one thing about rag-tops I can't stand.  The Z3 sure is a fun car, though, ain't it?

We've reserved in our motor pool a 1994 Miata - my partner's car - which is in prime condition thanks to the restoration work of the previous owner, a Miata enthusiast.  Being a ragtop, it's strictly a fair-weather car and obligatory garage queen.  I can't say I have as much heart into this car, because there's not really much I've had to do to it.  However, my partner enjoys the sunshine on her shoulders (doesn't like hardtops with black interiors), and her pleasure gives me pleasure.  Besides, it's a really fun little car to drive too - just cute, though, and not drop-dead sexy like the Z.  So if you see someone in a little, red, first-gen Miata waving at you in your Z, wave back.  It might be me.  ?

We had a first Gen Miata at one point. It was like a gokart. Exit ramps at 60 mph, no problem. I will keep an eye out for that Red NA! B)

• Like 1

Sarah,

Keep in mind that if you decide to get back into the Z world, the door is open, and there is a place for you at the table.

Between you, @Arne, and @sblake01 (to name just a few), it's always sad to hear about a good contributor to the forum moving away from Z cars. While we know you guys still visit, it's not as much fun as when you were hanging out here all of the time.

• Like 4

Sarah,

You will be missed, but I hope that you come back and visit once in a while.

On 12/2/2018 at 6:18 PM, FastWoman said:

..... So if you see someone in a little, red, first-gen Miata waving at you in your Z, wave back.  It might be me.  ?

Ya gotta watch out with Charles... he might be a stalker.... oh wait that's ME.... (gotta sing it like Train does) I digress....

Sarah, if you ever need to turn wrenches and don't have the space, you might wanna check out what's on this side of the water...

https://americandiyg.com/adiyg/

And to all those that are not in this neck of the woods, they ARE looking to franchise...

Let me know if you need anything - I know a few Miata peeps...

Wayne

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That would go over very well in my neck of the woods too Wayne.   We have nothing, not even Uber.  The local dicks won't allow sober driver pick up option.  We don't even have taxi service here just city owned "dial a ride" mini buses for the really poor folks to get groceries.  I've thought about calling and asking if they'd carry me to the liquor store! LOL

Maybe something I could do one day?  I'd love to have a garage to let people use for minor wrenching.  I could sell beer and nachos.  Toilet charge also. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Sara,

Just want to thank you for helping me get my Z-Legs when I first started here.  That's about 3 1/2 years ago now.  My sweet RedBird is wonderful to me.  She is staying roadworthy, and a big blessing.  Redwing, my old 1971 was sold, and is now down to bare metal, heading for a full restore.  I am so happy for her.  

Anyhow, I do appreciate your kindness and all you did for me.  I won't forget you, in fact I hope someday to meet you and your partner.  Keep in touch...sending love and blessings.

• Like 1