IGNORED

Farewell, my Z family!

FastWoman

My wonderful friends,

I know I've been a stranger these past few years as my partner and I have had way too much of "life getting in the way."  My poor 280 has mostly just sat.  She still runs great, but there are a number of little things I should have done that I haven't.

Well, I have bitter-sweet news.  A young man drove down from Northern Virginia today to buy my baby.  Now someone will again pay her the attention she deserves.  When I bought her, her body was in pretty good shape, and she was mechanically so-so.  Now she's in great shape mechanically, but she needs some body work to address a few little rust issues.  That will be the new owner's project.  (Maybe Lenny will also release the new Hellfire ECU to free the tiger in all our engines.  Nudge, nudge...)

Anyway, everyone here has been such a good friend.  I thank all of you for all the help, advice, and comradery you have given me, and I hope you will extend the same helping hand to the newest member of the Z family.  (He's already a ClassicZCars member, and you will probably hear more from him soon.)

Here's hoping you all enjoy the ride!

Sarah (a.k.a. FastWoman)

• Like 1

Sarah,

Wow. Seconded. So sorry to hear you won't be a Z owner anymore. I've greatly enjoyed all of our interactions and hope we can continue in some form in the future. I understand the need for attention on other facets of life and here's to hoping that life's priorities are achievable to a happy balance.

Enjoy the sailing waters.   Bruce

• Like 1

Hey Cap'n!  I've enjoyed interacting with you too!  I really enjoyed our (mostly your) sleuthing out solutions for those parts made of unobtanium.  I'm sure there will come a time in my life when I can return to fun projects like the Z.  Might not be a classic sports car, but it will definitely be something.

Sarah,

Not only have I enjoyed your post here but I benefited greatly from a thread you had about Z3 roof leaks. Because of that I was able to seal the little seals at the roof corners and get the Z3 much drier. At least as dry as a convertible can get. ? Take care and be safe. Enjoy the ride, however you get there!

Charles

• Like 1