IGNORED

resurrecting a 1977 280Z

MM569457

CCCD4EA7-6D50-4704-A726-5D618C42CEB0.jpeg

You have the smaller return like @Captain Obvious shows in that thread up top. It's in the fuel rail, the FPR (fuel pressure reducer) LOL

You could take the input side from the fuel tank and put it in a jug, run the electric pump and see what comes, volume wise.

Hell suck on it. you'll see the filter fill up before you get a mouth full.

Edited by siteunseen

12 hours ago, MM569457 said:

I’m wondering if the the lack of a pressure regulator (not present) is the cause.

Um, no. The lack of a pressure regulator would not cause that since fuel would flow freely. Is your electric pump oriented in the proper direction? I can't tell from the potato quality photo. Get some more light under there. If it's pointed backwards, it might block fuel flow. 

Also, do you have voltage at the electric pump? Describe the wiring you used on it. (Is it connected to the stock wiring or what?)

4 hours ago, siteunseen said:

That filter right out of the tank should be full just from gravity.

Take the gas cap off and see it gets full. You can also blow air in the filler hole by covering it with your hand and sticking the air wand between fingers. That force a little pressure on the tank.

It doesn’t fill from gravity. 

no fuel is coming from the tank. I figure some would dribble out.

there is gas in the tank. Putting an air hose through the sending line results in air coming out the filler hole.

115A5D3D-CE54-466F-9229-9F4DA78C7B9C.jpeg