IGNORED

SS Bumpers from Vietnam

Yeah I am on the fence as to whether I want shiny chrome look bumpers or satin black. I figure I will install them as chrome look and I can always paint after.

the cost of shipping from the US made these Vietnam ones more attractive to me as shipping from Vietnam is cheaper to oz. 

4 hours ago, AK260 said:

Now do yourself a favour - cover them up again with protective film during the install! I managed to put a scratch on mine, that while not very visible to most people’s eyes, I see it every time 😉

Haha that was my plan! I have read the stainless can get scratches with washing, I would just be very careful about using a dirty wash mitt or anything other than lambs wool/clean micro fiber. And as always soap is a must. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 240ZBUILTBYME said:

Yeah I am on the fence as to whether I want shiny chrome look bumpers or satin black. I figure I will install them as chrome

Jeff   :   Are the inside of the bumpers coated with anything for rust prevention?  In your picture, its looks like the inside is painted black.   If not, I would POR 15 the insides to protect them.

On your car, I vote you leave them chrome...

Edited by S30Driver
correction
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, S30Driver said:

Jeff   :   Are the inside of the bumpers coated with anything for rust prevention?  In your picture, its looks like the inside is painted black.   If not, I would POR 15 the insides to protect them.

Who’s Jeff?! Lol 😂 

yes they are painted black on the inside, rust shouldn’t be a concern as they are stainless and I won’t be driving it in the rain!

Ryan 

They look really shiny and smooth! If you're not sure which way to go, you can have them vinyl wrapped in whatever color and finish you want to try (like satin black) and if you don't like it after a while you can simply remove the wrap with no damage whatsoever on your pretty chrome.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dmorales-bello said:

They look really shiny and smooth! If you're not sure which way to go, you can have them vinyl wrapped in whatever color and finish you want to try (like satin black) and if you don't like it after a while you can simply remove the wrap with no damage whatsoever on your pretty chrome.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

That is a cracker of an idea! Thanks mate

Oops, sorry my friend.  Originally had Ryan and changed it to Jeff because of Charles's earlier post.   I'm guessing Ryan is correct?

Somehow I missed the bumper were stainless, takes care of any corrosion issues.

I like watching your videos by the way...   Cheers

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 6:48 PM, S30Driver said:

Oops, sorry my friend.  Originally had Ryan and changed it to Jeff because of Charles's earlier post.   I'm guessing Ryan is correct?

Somehow I missed the bumper were stainless, takes care of any corrosion issues.

I like watching your videos by the way...   Cheers

Yes Ryan! Lol all good.

thanks for the feedback mate! I enjoy making them for the handful of people who watch! 

On 5/11/2021 at 6:17 PM, S30Driver said:

If they are stainless steel they shouldn’t rust.

18 hours ago, Racer X said:

If they are stainless steel they shouldn’t rust.

Yes.. but there is stainless and there is stainless...  In some conditions i have seen stainless that was rusty..

It all comes back to the word: Quality..  And i don't know but lately that is what is failing a lot of times..

• Like 3