IGNORED

Misfiring while cruising

Edit - replay to site's #121 post (anybody notice that Patcon's post is 101, after site's 121?  Base 120???)

I took a look but didn't see anything.  Searched Far311 and fouling and misfiring.  But really, I'm just glad my car runs so well and that we seem to solve a lot of problems on CZCC.  Lots of good advice here for people that want to use it.  Horses and water and drinking and all that.

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jalexquijano said:

6.89 k spark plug 5

7.17k spark plug 4

5.83k spark plug 3

1, 2 and 6 would be nice, to round out the picture.  But your measurements so far are normal.

So, to sum up, the question is "what would cause 3 of 6  plugs to foul very quickly?".

So far, it seems that the problem is mostly a low RPM, or idling problem.  The history has been about driving in traffic and idling and hot weather.   A higher RPM shutdown would be interesting but might be painful, due to hot plugs.

Ponder...thoughts...ideas.  

there is no air leak at the intake manifold. i have sprayed carb cleaner many times and have not noticed any idle drop. All my mechanics have concur there is no air leak. Come on guys. Both of my carbs were recently remanufactured in Dec 2014 by Ztherapy. So that must also be taken out of the equation. Why plugs 3 and 4??