IGNORED

Body shop didn't order bumper ends, 1976 280

Redwing

6 hours ago, Lumens said:

You could try this guy. Warehouse full.  Hannibal MO.

https://quincy.craigslist.org/pts/d/datsun-new-parts-added-240z/6501838309.html

Thank you for this contact.  I have spoken to him and he has a Z coming in about a month.  In the meantime I am thinking about getting a set of "Deletes" that site unseen gave me.  I've  already spoken to the body shop and they will paint them red matching RedBird, and put them on.  They will at least go in the depression, and cover the mounting holes for the bumper end.  Making RedBird look a lot  better.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks all,

Jai

• 1 month later...

8 hours ago, rcb280z said:

Yeah, not too sure why the PO changed from the 75-76 bumpers to the 77-78 ones. Maybe Jai could shed some light on this.

I only can imagine that RedBird was in a front end accident before I got her.  There is evidence of bent areas under the grill.  I sent a letter asking about her past hoping to find out history, to the previous owner.  But I did not get any reply.  So no clue really.

Thanks...

9 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

Thanks. Jai will have to decide. I'm not sure what the early 76 bumper looked like.

Mark, the 1977 has the depression running horizontally across the bumper.  The 1976 is smooth with no indent.  Looks a lot better in my eyes.

Thanks,

Jai