IGNORED

Let’s find built date of jack and tire stopper

kats

Thanks jayhawk , you are so lucky that you have a paper with your car .

Yes 47 . 10 .  -3. means 1972 , October 3rd . Could you let us know what date does your jack have ? I am curious about which date is earlier , jack or paper ? I think a paper must have date later than a jack , because a stamp on a paper means “ Inspected “ . 

I think the date is shown on the paper is very close to the end of assembling, as well as a set of carpets . They are easy to make for the manufacturer, so seems no need to make a huge pile of them , what do you think of it?

My orange 240Z has a jack 1971 November 29th ( Q K CC ) , while its carpets has 1971 November 15th ( 1 K 15  15 , I don’t know what means the last 15 , maybe 15 o’clock? ) . Unfortunately, my orange 240Z lost its paper .

To imagine assembling line in the factory is very fun .

Kats

FC9C1856-D94D-4DE0-B69A-A3F47BF730F0.jpeg

My 240ZG has 1972 June 7th ( R.  F. G )

on the jack , while 1972 June 15th ( 47. 6. 15 ) on the paper . This could be a good example of “ A paper later than a jack “ . 

To extend this to everything in a car , what is the latest date you can find in your car ? 

I will look up a steering horn metal contact , seat back metal brackets , these seems to be made close to the date that a car was completed assembling.

Kats

DAC24A2C-495B-4200-9CF5-A5D713399FE1.jpeg

56C262BA-503A-43EE-9114-E521A475B549.jpeg

88B5CCC7-1AB9-4D38-83A1-DCEBA4A52DC0.jpeg

B790A206-4873-4C89-A63D-3299FC815CD6.jpeg

• 2 months later...

@kats I found a jack at a swap meet today. Thanks to your help in this thread, I knew it was an early one. Although I could not make out the date stamp while I was there. 

Too much dirt and a bad stamping. I ended up buying it anyway as I talked the guy down to $10. I figured it was worth that being an early style.

When I got home, I cleaned it up as best I could and think it is P F Y which would work great for me as I have a 6-70 car. and this should be 1970/6/24.

The stamping is bad though, do you think I have read it right. It still needs to be cleaned up.

IMG_2064.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

• Like 1

Hi All

Been a while since I have posted anything here; have been watching/reading though. This is not only confined to the Z series of cars. I have a 1969 Datsun 1000 / B10, which was not sold in the USA (was sold in Canada though); Kats will probably be familiar with the model as it is gaining popularity in Japan. When I read this post I checked the original jack I have for it. It is stamped "O A R", which translates to 18th January, 1969. Sorry I dont have any photos of it, but the stamping looks the same as seen on the Z car jacks. I am wondering if this applies to other model Datsuns as well, and how far back it goes; ie was it seen on the 1600 / 510? The B10 was first released in 1967; I have posted this information on the forum and am hoping to turn up info such as this prior to 1969.

FWIW.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

@kats I found a jack at a swap meet today. Thanks to your help in this thread, I knew it was an early one. Although I could not make out the date stamp while I was there. 

Too much dirt and a bad stamping. I ended up buying it anyway as I talked the guy down to $10. I figured it was worth that being an early style.

When I got home, I cleaned it up as best I could and think it is P F Y which would work great for me as I have a 6-70 car. and this should be 1970/6/24.

The stamping is bad though, do you think I have read it right. It still needs to be cleaned up.

IMG_2064.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

Congratulations Terrapin Z !! The jack had been waiting long enough until you found it , what a miracle.

Yes I see P F Y , that suites  your car perfectly. Thanks for sharing this story.

Kats

Edited by kats

Hi 240 in OZ , thank you so much giving wonderful information, your input backs up our decoding method. I was thinking about other Nissan cars , they might have the same coded Jack and tool , and now it looks like true . Your 1969 B10 has Jan 18th 1969 Jack , Bingo ! 

I don’t know why O means 1969 . In this method A means 1954 . We need to see older cars have this coding . Long journey.

Kats

2 hours ago, kats said:

Congratulations Terrapin Z !! The jack had been waiting long enough until you found it , what a miracle.

Yes I see P F Y , that suites  your car perfectly. Thanks for sharing this story.

Kats

Thanks for the confirmation Kats. A very lucky find indeed. The only booth with any Datsun parts (most are Ford and Chevy) They had a few drive train parts and misc hardware.

Now to clean it up and place it in it's rightful spot in my car. 

Interesting to see if the date code holds true in prior years as you speculated.  Need to find some older cars with jacks?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kats said:

In this book , January 1955 , Datsun 110 went on sale .

And B10 , Datsun Sunny was released in April 1966 .

I does look like 1955 was a new start for the company.

Perhaps they started a new numbering system at that time, after recovering from the war devistation.

IMG_2076.JPG

• Like 1