IGNORED

How much would you pay for this?

Slane Jode

Let's not forget the 350Z.  You could find one of those in your price range and still be cool, just not as cool as us S30 folks.:rolleyes:.  I've never driven one but I hear they're nice.   As far as a daily goes, mine is a Toyota Highlander.  It moves quite well and I dare say could give my tired ole' stock 280 a more than a better run for the money,  just not around the corners.

An OK Datsun can be reliable . Any car can be stuck on the side of the road.  If you're thinking about those Datsuns you're not doing to be happy with the reliable Honda unless it's a modified '89 crx-si or vtec.  

The first car looks OK except the horrible rust above the windshield. If it was a Chevy you could buy a piece to weld in.

The second one looks kind of stolen, by the looks of that number plate.

spelling checker tags "Datsun".

On 12/2/2017 at 11:22 AM, Slane Jode said:

But I've never had a car I really wanted and I'm not getting any younger and don't wanna have to wait until I'm forty. sorry if that's a little personal but any feed back from an older gent who's been there done that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

great thing about being older is

kids are grown and out with jobs

more $$

more time

more stability.

ive seen it before dozens of time. younger guys just have to have this cool XXXX. a year later its up for sale (in pieces) because of XXXX  (moving, divorce, new baby, no time, etc......) if you can buy it and have a place to store it for YEARS, then buy it, and take your time doing what you want to it.

my 2 cents

Hear hear! I agree. A daily driver that doesn’t require significant time or repair is one thing, but don’t get a project until your life is in a place that will accommodate it financially with time to do it properly. Buy it, drive it or store it. Eventually you will be in the right place to restore one.

if i could get that first one down to 1000.00 I might just do that, I got a garage to store her at least try to get it up and running have  a little fun with her, keep my daily till I can buy another reliable Honda,  then complete restoration over the course of  several years in my spare time would be awesome.  Thanks sweatybetty that's the advice I was looking for,  I've woken up from my lustful dog in heat delusion. 

I think I see some poor, lumpy bodywork in the right quarter panel. The raised body line that runs the length of the car disappears at the wheel well and appears again towards the rear. The left q. panel appears to be more original. The hatch seems to fit well. Same for the right door. The left door fitment is off. The uncracked dash is rare. Probably means that it was covered well over the years. Looks to be a good buy, IMO. I'd take it back to the orig. color.