IGNORED

2018 Grassroots Motorsports Mitty

SteveJ

ZCCOR#109......I was at Road Atlanta also in 1970.....we looked over the fence at the top of the Esses. Probably one of the most exciting times of my life when I saw the Datsuns screaming through the Esses after the parade lap. I too went out and purchased my first (1970) Z after I saw John blow away the competition. John should get a commission for every Nissan I’ve bought since......and it’s been a lot!  :beer::beer:   BTW....I was also at this year’s Mitty.

Regards

Guy

4B3E7C58-72AF-4AEC-9375-62D2E17C5606.jpeg

Edited by Diseazd
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2018 at 4:34 PM, Diseazd said:

ZCCOR#109......I was at Road Atlanta also in 1970.....we looked over the fence at the top of the Esses. Probably one of the most exciting times of my life when I saw the Datsuns screaming through the Esses after the parade lap. I too went out and purchased my first (1970) Z after I saw John blow away the competition. John should get a commission for every Nissan I’ve bought since......and it’s been a lot!  :beer::beer:   BTW....I was also at this year’s Mitty.

Regards

Guy

My first ever trip to Georgia and Road Atlanta was in 1972. We flew down and rented the cheapest car we could. A Ford Pinto. Ha!  Low budget in those days.

I also recall having some rain. It was then I discovered how slippery that red Georgia clay can be. Heck of a time getting that Pinto to 

move from where we were parked. I remember the Paddock and all the Datsuns were under one large tent, I think it was paid for by Datsun. Wish I could find those photos.

On 5/18/2018 at 5:34 PM, Diseazd said:

Regards

Guy

I was camping above the esses in that same Georgia red clay this year. Excitement, and the roar at 8 AM never got old! 

2A904DB7-7DA4-45E7-9130-C71539E4DC05.jpeg

Edited by ZWOLF
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...