IGNORED

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Home Built by Jeff

On 12/18/2018 at 5:32 PM, Home Built by Jeff said:

As for the studs, Nissan here is useless at sourcing parts now it is all computerised. Unless I am buying a part for a 5 year old Altima, they have no idea. I am heading out today and I should be able to source something.

I bought from my local dealership, non stocking item so next day for me using these part numbers from @sblake01

• Like 1

What will you be using on the back to match the lower pressure required for the fronts?  It's unbalanced now.

I tried to browse through but didn't see anything about the master cylinder either.  The four pistons use more fluid so you could get extra travel in your pedal if you don't increase MC diameter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tzagi1 said:

PS: no gaskets on the tail lights?

I reused the old ones as they didn't come in the weatherstripping kit I bought.

39 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

What will you be using on the back to match the lower pressure required for the fronts?  It's unbalanced now.

I tried to browse through but didn't see anything about the master cylinder either.  The four pistons use more fluid so you could get extra travel in your pedal if you don't increase MC diameter.

I was prepared for a change in brake bias, but I was unsure what the difference would be. I know the MCM guys deleted the factory bias set up. Is the factory one adjustable? It appears to have an adjustment on it, but I am not sure what it does. I don't really understand why it has a factory valve like that anyway, with the twin style master set up, as I would have thought the factory would have just built in the correct balance? My plan is to adjust the factory set up if I can get the balance right that way, otherwise I can just add an aftermarket bias valve to sort it out. 

34 minutes ago, wheee! said:

I agree. Jeff, maybe post up your thoughts here before shooting your videos... might save you some headaches. Hate to think you’re following a filming deadline rather than a planned approach to finishing the 640G!

The issue I have, like you saw in this latest one with the 260z struts, is that I don't really know what issues I am going to face until I get to it. Particularly as I don't know the history of the car, and I didn't pull it apart, so everything is just a matter of suck it and see.

I was indirectly asking/inferring why you didn't just use the stock calipers.  Plus the fact that you didn't complete the job.

Have you bled them yet?  There is often loads of fun for that with the various brake "upgrades".

The NP valve is not adjustable.

image.png

4 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Just remove the rear brake system and block the lines.  Then you won't have to worry about leaks.  It will work "fine".

I gather you are saying is to bypass the external valve and just connect the front and rear lines directly to the two outlets from the master cylinder?