IGNORED

Z Cars On TV And In Movies

texasz

15 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

Watched Fletch on my layover the other day

Sorry? on your in between jobs day or ? don't know what you mean with layover?  To ad to the list i sometimes watch that series where 2 highway cops do theire work in miami or so? from the '70's also that series.. highway cops?  You see all kinds of classic cars drive by haha.. 

There IS only one car i really hate and it's that stupid beetle.. a older friend drove a cabrio.. pfff... (sigh)  those things are impossible to drive fast as we say: dat ding is NIET VOORUIT TE BRANDEN!  WAT EEN SCHIJTBAK!  🙊

A “layover” is a term used to convey the time at an airport spent between connecting flights.   I landed  in Charlotte and was waiting  for 2 hrs for my connection to Las Vegas to go to work.

Chips was a 70-80s series show based on LA Cops.   Miami Vice was an 80’s series based on Miami Cops.  Both were pretty popular shows.  

Edited by Av8ferg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dutchzcarguy said:

As we are talking about CHiPs, what brand of bikes are they riding? It's not american, it's a Japanese bike.. Kawasaki?  I stopped "freezed" the picture a lot of times but i never could see/tell the brand..  They are 4 cyl. and i think Japanese... (the smart thing to ride.. 😉 )

Someone ?

image.png

Source:  https://www.bikebound.com/2015/06/24/what-are-the-motorcycles-in-chips/#:~:text=One of the most common,Patrol officers of the era.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

There IS only one car i really hate and it's that stupid beetle.. a older friend drove a cabrio.. pfff... (sigh)  those things are impossible to drive fast as we say: dat ding is NIET VOORUIT TE BRANDEN!  WAT EEN SCHIJTBAK!  🙊

Woah! Easy there.

• Haha 1

Patcon, I know you live not too far from me.  If you’re interested in a rust free 1964 Ragtop VW without an engine let me know.   I need to get rid of it because it’s stored at my moms house and she’s sold the property.  The chassis was already repainted and I was going to rebuild it but don’t have space and my wife would kill me if I brought another car here.  She barely tolerated the Z.   I’ve had this car for 20+ years. Probably going to let it got for $800 or less.    

63FE0D20-D4D3-4B78-A58B-64AEBD53CD8C.jpeg

532C7542-CE59-47FF-BAB7-886510362F23.jpeg

8BAAB610-0D92-4A37-A50B-788131C8B33B.jpeg

96820AF1-4A9A-4AE2-BD06-246B26BE432B.jpeg

7D53FE59-7C0E-4B0D-9D36-4C68B4FE8D4C.jpeg

92AEDE79-2652-4F02-99F8-F95789D16B4A.jpeg

• Like 1