IGNORED

280zx 10th anniversary collectors edition

superj243

33 minutes ago, superj243 said:

so you think i should take the 4 grand for her?

If it were not wrecked what would it be worth?  If spending the $2700 on it yourself to get it fixed would put it at $8K or more I would get it fixed and then sell it.  I honestly don't think the ZX have reached the level of commanding lots of money yet.

Looking here, it shows good at $6600.  https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1980-datsun-280zx-deluxe  Yours in it's current state is Fair at $3700.   Granted, there was no option for 10th anniversary.

If someone offered $4K for it I would take it and call it a day.  Just my opinion. 

I have a very rusty 10th anniversary.  My reality is I will never get to it, nor is it worth fixing, honestly.  Only has 90K on her and she runs amazing.  I'm attached to her though, at least for the moment.

The other listing here for the 10th anniversary and he is asking $1200!  That put's yours worth $15K!  Not to be harsh, but honestly that car is probably worth scrap value at best.  Maybe 20 years from now he could get that. 

Edited by JSM
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, JSM said:

Not to be harsh, but honestly that car is probably worth scrap value at best.  Maybe 20 years from now he could get that. 

I think your statement is extremely harsh.  Are you insane, scrap value only?  I'm really biting my tongue to keep from making other comments.  Grumble grumble grumble...  Any comments from other members?  Am I the only one to think this?

Jai

30 minutes ago, Redwing said:

I think your statement is extremely harsh.  Are you insane, scrap value only?  I'm really biting my tongue to keep from making other comments.  Grumble grumble grumble...  Any comments from other members?  Am I the only one to think this?

Jai

Jai,

I believe he is referring to the other listing here on the forum that is very rusty, not this particular car....

• Thanks 1

Scrap value. It was just few years ago that most of us felt the same way about the 260's and 280's. It's the "Things, Stuff and Junk Theory." We buy things, things, over time, become stuff and eventually become junk. But the process reverses direction, given enough time. Junk gains value until it's stuff, and eventually becomes a thing once again. I see the ZX replacing the 260 in the red-headed step child role. Not a bad thing at all, at least it's part of the family now. When all the 280's have been gobbled up, the ZX's will be next on the menu. Get em now, while they're still cheap.

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2017 at 11:41 AM, Mike said:

$4-5k sounds like a fair price.  Of course this is difficult to judge over the computer.  Have you asked someone to give you a price on the repairs?

Included in some of the pictures I posted is a written estimate from a respected body shop. I'm about to go through all of the listings i have posted and lower the price again... I started off asking $8k for the car. My father and I have close to $20k invested in the restoration and maintenance. It was a labor of love now realized to all be in vain. First i crashed it and now a young family.  I guess you make plans and God laughs.

• Sad 1