IGNORED

Pictures uploading different

siteunseen

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

@Zed Head, that's because you have a blocker running.  Please put our site in your 'white list' so it doesn't happen anymore.

@siteunseen, ok let me know what you find.  Thanks!

Mike

Mike I'll just try a restore for a couple of weeks ago and see if it changes back to the way it was.

Thanks again.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

@Zed Head, that's because you have a blocker running.  Please put our site in your 'white list' so it doesn't happen anymore.

I don't have any blockers or anything else added on.  No extensions or plug-ins. 

It shows  now.  It was probably related to the other problem that I still have, just very slow loading classiczcars.com.  The site just timed out on trying to load the image.

The only thing that might be different is that my browsing history and cookies get deleted whenever I close my browser.  I'd say that's probably the source of my problem.  classiczcars.com loads either bunch of cookies, or it loads some that my system doesn't like, or it's loading something else.

It seems to me, that with such a narrowly focused viewer base that you could forget about Google ad-sense, and the tracking cookies, and the spyware, and just choose your own ads.  Solely focused on cars, and tools.  It's the constant tracking and spying and following that slows down all of the internet sites.  And for not much gain.  Think about how much simpler things would be.  And how much more comfortable we'd be, not seeing ads supposedly related to something we viewed on a completely different web site.  Or that someone else here viewed on a different web site.

K.I.S.S.

On 5/7/2017 at 1:27 PM, siteunseen said:

Hey Zed did "adding recipients" allow you to forward a text? It's a pain but the only way I could figure out. If you want save a text email it to yourself or do a screen grab on your phone. If I can help in anyway just HOLLA, HOLLA. :D

I haven't tried it yet.  I'm not really a big texter but sometimes I get in to the middle of a big textorama and have to try to keep up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zed Head said:

I don't have any blockers or anything else added on.  No extensions or plug-ins. 

It shows  now.  It was probably related to the other problem that I still have, just very slow loading classiczcars.com.  The site just timed out on trying to load the image.

The only thing that might be different is that my browsing history and cookies get deleted whenever I close my browser.  I'd say that's probably the source of my problem.  classiczcars.com loads either bunch of cookies, or it loads some that my system doesn't like, or it's loading something else.

It seems to me, that with such a narrowly focused viewer base that you could forget about Google ad-sense, and the tracking cookies, and the spyware, and just choose your own ads.  Solely focused on cars, and tools.  It's the constant tracking and spying and following that slows down all of the internet sites.  And for not much gain.  Think about how much simpler things would be.  And how much more comfortable we'd be, not seeing ads supposedly related to something we viewed on a completely different web site.  Or that someone else here viewed on a different web site.

K.I.S.S.

It's likely the ads, they are loading from Google.  I know I sound like a broken record, but, supporting members don't have any ads showing up.  If you become a site supporter, these will go away.  It helps us pay for hosting fees and things that keep the site online.

49 minutes ago, Mike said:

It's likely the ads, they are loading from Google. 

Ironic that the very thing Google wants to jam through my eyes in to my brain is the one thing keeping me away..

The internet is a strange thing.

Got a new experiment going.  A special Chrome session, using a normal window.  Load up all those ads and cookies and stuff and see how things go.  So far, I've been out and back in and it's pretty speedy.  I'll have to go try an Incognito window to do a full compare, over multiple sessions (ever wonder why they call them sessions?)

@Zed Head, you can also use the incognito window in Chrome if you're concerned about other sites.  This will not store any cookies or history.  You can find it in the menu bar.  Use the regular window for this site, but, incognito for browsing other places where you don't want to have this info stored.

Sorry Mike, you don't seem to understand what's happening.  I've been using Incognito for 2 or 3 or 4 years.  It has worked flawlessly for all web sites including classiczcars.com until a few days ago, when classiczcars,com stopped loading correctly and/or quickly.  classiczcars.com is the only site that has a problem.  Being a nerdy problem-solving type I went through a wide range of possible causes, looking at malware and viruses and purging old programs that load at startup, and finally decided to try using a "non"-Incognito Chrome window, even though it should have no affect on the loading side, only the end of a session, when cookies and history are removed.  And it worked, and it's working right now as I type this.  It doesn't really fit Google's description of what "Incognito" is or does, which is interesting by itself.  There's more to Incognito than they're saying.  I would guess that classiczcars.com loads a large batch of "stuff" on the first time that is then stored and accessed the next time a session is opened.  That's why it's back to being fast now.

So it's just a curiosity now, about how the internet and classiczcars.com works.  I'm still trying to foil the tracking and spying because it's a free world and if I can run fast enough to get away, that's my prerogative.  Google used to associate at least a full single session's worth of my personal browsing data to each of my individual classiczcars.com sessions now they'll just get no data.  They went too far and exposed themselves.  Pretty fascinating, really.  I've dissociated my classiczcars.com activity from all of my other internet activity.  They created their own problem.

No offense.  I had to do it, just to be able to get on to the site at all.  Ironic!

Of course, my ISP is probably selling every single thing I do on the internet to whoever pays anyway.  So, a bit of a hollow victory.

Edit - something to ponder - why would Google's Chrome in Incognito mode block Google's own ad-sense?  Activate synapses....

Edited by Zed Head