IGNORED

New Fujitsubo Exhaust System to be Released

2 hours ago, ollie said:

Just be mindful of what head you plan to use when you build the stroker...square vs round port.  Sorry about that, nothing is ever easy...

Going to use the e31 head so same as I have.  Going to make it state of the art:) My basic idea, is the engine bay will look totally stock.  I am even going to put the engine numbers into the block.  Then crate my 2.4L in case of sale or wanting to go back to stock.  Everything I am doing will be reversible.  

11 minutes ago, duffymahoney said:

Going to use the e31 head so same as I have.  Going to make it state of the art:) My basic idea, is the engine bay will look totally stock.  I am even going to put the engine numbers into the block.  Then crate my 2.4L in case of sale or wanting to go back to stock.  Everything I am doing will be reversible.  

That was my intention too until things like that header turning my heat shield into origami (which seems to be working) and the air box not fitting so I'm forced to use the K&N's on my SU's!  But who cares now, it is game on when I head to stroker town...

11 minutes ago, duffymahoney said:

I asked a lot of folks from the BMW dealer to Nissan to a performance engine shop and they all said no to copper anti seize.  The engine shop suggested using a Rem Flex intake gasket but I used one from Nissan along with all new studs, lock washers and the collared nut Nissan specifies for the 300ZX TT's...and six 8.8 bolts across the top of the intake   Need to get some miles on it but the header seems sealed well at this time.

10 hours ago, ollie said:

I asked a lot of folks from the BMW dealer to Nissan to a performance engine shop and they all said no to copper anti seize.  The engine shop suggested using a Rem Flex intake gasket but I used one from Nissan along with all new studs, lock washers and the collared nut Nissan specifies for the 300ZX TT's...and six 8.8 bolts across the top of the intake   Need to get some miles on it but the header seems sealed well at this time.

Good decision. What do we know anyhow.

To be fair, the folks I spoke with are the lead mechanics, not the front counter types.  Anyway it seems that most leaks are due to over / under tightening of an already wobbly header flange, or flanges which are not flush to the intake.  

1 hour ago, ollie said:

To be fair, the folks I spoke with are the lead mechanics, not the front counter types.  Anyway it seems that most leaks are due to over / under tightening of an already wobbly header flange, or flanges which are not flush to the intake.  

You would be better off listening to the mechanics and not bother taking advice from anyone on this forum.  We are just old-school and not up to snuff on the new technology that they are trained on.

1 hour ago, duffymahoney said:

I ended up buying a OEM gasket.  The tech was great.  He said aftermarket is good for lesser quality headers, but oem is what they suggest for nicer headers.  

Which tech ?

How does he class after-market headers ? Is there an 'official' rating system ?

Frankly, after a certain price level, one might expect a gasket to be supplied with the header - no ?

• Like 1