IGNORED

New Fujitsubo Exhaust System to be Released

2 hours ago, ollie said:

Spirit Garage header to tailpipe system is on the car.  I decided to replace all the head studs so that slowed be down a bit, the MSA kit I used previously I was not overly happy with so I went to Nissan, all good to go.  In my case the header's first primary did indeed contact the steering shaft so it had to be worked for clearance, it is likely designed for a RH drive car, understandably.  The crankcase breather has to be cut down and tapered for the header to fit or you can use one off a 280.  The rest of the kit's fit an finish is awesome and it is tucked up nicely.  I have an '87 Turbo CLSD R200 and the pipes fit around it without any issue. 

One thing I haven't resolved yet is a heat shield for my SU's...the stock heat shield was already cut in one spot to fit the Stahl and unless someone can direct me to a better solution, it seems I will have to so a bunch more cutting and bending again so I am open to any suggestions.  I have searched and searched but all that seems to be out there are ones for triples...thanks guys.  

You should have posted the pictures! It tucks up so nice.  

It was a quick post for help!  I will get pics up soon...as for the heat shield protection i still need the SU carb return spring attached so I think this will result in a bend / cut / swear modification to the existing heat shield.  Back at it tonight...thanks for the tip, Sean, on the heat shield material, I will check it out.

sounds good...so far my "go forward" plan involves my engineer neighbor,  a box of coors banquets and tin snips to the existing heat shield.  The angles we'll have to modify it will mean the spring "wraps" around the throttle shaft so it is less than ideal.  Perhaps karma is pushing me towards triples...

5 hours ago, ollie said:

It was a quick post for help!  I will get pics up soon...as for the heat shield protection i still need the SU carb return spring attached so I think this will result in a bend / cut / swear modification to the existing heat shield.  Back at it tonight...thanks for the tip, Sean, on the heat shield material, I will check it out.

Doable !

Begin June 022.jpg

Nice, that looks not bad...after an evening of cutting the existing heat shield up it seems to be clearing all primaries and I have maintained both carb return spring connections.  I'm going to hit it with the dremel tomorrow and a coat of high temp paint.  The rear carb I figure will be ok, the front one looks more vulnerable but we'll see.  My carbs are water cooled so perhaps that will help too.  I'm definitely going to keep a fire extinguisher handy for the first while.

4 minutes ago, Dreamzz said:

I have to chime back in on this post. Anyone watch JDM Legends on Velocity Channel and notice the exhaust fitment issues on the z.
Yes....Fujitsubo Legalis twin exhaust. Similiar issues to what I posted in the beginning of this thread.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Yeah I was watching. The exhaust seems really nice but that is quite off.