IGNORED

Nissan Factory restoration cars

Sunline

43 minutes ago, Travel'n Man said:

Nissan Corp brought a Vintage Z to ZDAYZ 2016 last year it was sad to see. The car had been in store age and not cared for at all........too many cars and not enough to time evidently..

Sent from my SM-T350 using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Agreed - Nissan hasn't done a very good job of upkeep.  They - if anyone should show more Pride of Ownership.  Then too it has been driven now for 20 years, and not so gently by everyone. 

For 70k the dealer is having a wet dream.

1997, 27k is about 41k in todays dollars.

It is worth 40k over initial cost?

It's supply/demand I guess and how valuable a factory authorized (not performed like Porsche does) resoration is to the buyer.

Fine examples of 70/71 cars can be gotten for way less. It is beautiful though.

That said, the Z432 that sold for over 250k was surprising but not unexpected since there were so few made (about 20) and they were truly special cars.

Edited by SurferD
  • Like 1

It's clean for sure, is it worth 70K?  Maybe to the right person out there, but not to me.  I'd be curious to know if it sells and for how much.  Also it states this car is not a Nissan factory restored car, but just a 240Z restored by Classic Datsun Motorsport.

10 minutes ago, Sunline said:

Thanks for pointing that out

Unfortunately, some people like me can get pretty anal about this stuff.  (I apologize in advance)   In addition to the clamps, It would be nice to have the radiator and heater hoses braided as well.  These are available at http://jdm-car-parts.com/ .    I would recommend the smog hoses as well from http://jdm-car-parts.com/, but it appears that the smog system has been entirely deleted.  The plug wires are obnoxious with all of the white markings.  Better ones are available.  I am sure there is more that I am missing, but these are the obvious stand-outs and for me would be cause for reduction of the $70K asking price.

• Like 2