IGNORED

[2017] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Looking like a used car lot here. I'm pulling in the garage the parts car (white one) I bought for $600. Except for the dent above the rear wheel it's in much better condition than I originally thought. The original color was wine red metallic (at least that's what the engine bay and under carpets looks like) they painted over the paint sticker.

I'm going to start with draining all fluids (gas is nasty), and spend some quality time in my service manual learning about California emissions.

All three cars here are 1976, but my daily driver is a federal car: no EGR, catalytic converter, etc. IMG_1550.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Like 1

When I bought my car last year, the previous owner somehow managed to dent the rear passenger side by the side indicator light. Been bothering me all this time. So I finally drilled holes and put the slide hammer on it. Now its Bondo time. Its at one build up stage. Next to find some Nissan 307 Pacific Blue Metallic. IMG_20171011_170655.jpg

You really need access to the panel from the interior too. Your repair will last better if your filler is thinner. Hammer and dolly from the inside and outside to get it close. If the metal is stretched, heat it and cool it with a wet rag to shrink it...Close is 1/16th of an inch or less 1/8" absolute max...

• Like 1

• Mike pinned and locked this topic