IGNORED

Rear spoiler for a 1971 240Z

Zedyone_kenobi

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Matthew Abate said:

Something I’ve always wondered about these is what to do about the emblem holes in the hatch. Is there one where the topmost one isn’t still visible?

My dealer had already installed the BRE rear spoiler when I first laid eyes on the car.  The "Datsun" and "240Z" emblems obviously were gone.  The spoiler covered the open holes for the 240Z emblem and the dealer installed his own emblem above the spoiler, concealing but not closing the other open holes.  When i removed the spoiler to ready the car for paint, I discovered other open holes at the left side under the spoiler.  This told me the dealer initially attached his emblem to the left lower hatch, then moved it when they decided to load up the car with options - and boy was it loaded!  I had all the extraneous holes filled as part of the painting process, leaving only the six installation holes for the spoiler. 

11.jpg