IGNORED

[2016] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow i finaly found some time to bring my car home from the engine builder. Hoping for a great 180km drive home and then i guess ill have to put another 300km before i let it climb up in the higher rpms.

Timeing is set at 19 at idle and shows 36 at 3500 rpms and No detonation issues. 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

• Like 3

Today, I completed the return of my R-180 4:11 diffy and speedo cog. I tried a 3:54 for fewer highway rpms, but lost my great power band. I had to shift a lot more in the twisties, but the killers were the front seal leaked, and it whined at speed even with Red-Line gear lube. So out with the new and in with the old. Driveshaft nuts/lockwashers have to be the worst job for old fingers to do. I really need an articulated forefinger. Next project: remove and repair front fenders.

Cheers, Mike

• Like 2

3 hours ago, S30Driver said:

Replaced all my weathered front & rear bumper rubber with new OEM nissan,  :)

I bought a set for my 72. The fronts are too short and the rears were too long. I don't know what's going on.

I did put the rear on by drilling new holes further down past the old rubber holes.

Front is still in limbo.

• 2 weeks later...

Another 60 km done on my new engine.

Runs fine, idles fine at 800rpm, good power on the low end and feels very strong above 3000 rpms. 

Havent taken it higher then 5000 rpms yet but it feels like it will make power even a bit beyond 6000 rpm.

And looks like I'm getting around the same fuel consumption as before with the su carbs and lower cr. As long as I'm careful with the throttle that is.

image.jpeg

Edited by moelk
  • Like 3

Changed out the break in oil, looked good. Cut the filter and it looks good. I was expecting timing guide pieces that thing is so tight. 8^)  I went with Quaker State Defy 10-30. It claims 1200 zdpp? same as vr1 but 5 quart jug at walmart was only $15.

I'm guessing the anti flowback vales have changed from the rubber flap and now are on the $4 frams?  I guess that is what this is, I've not seen that before. 

20160522_165435.jpg

20160522_165502.jpg

20160522_165513.jpg

Short trip today and first proper wash for 5 month. 

The new engine fires up every time. But do to the higher cr the starter has a havier job to do and i guess i should change it to a more powerfull one.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

• Like 1

• Mike locked this topic