IGNORED

sweatys rebuild

sweatybetty

well, another small step forward today. the rear spoiler is painted. i debated for a couple of weeks between body color and black..........

prepped, primered, smoothed out, ready for color

DSCN0025.JPG

and the winner is...............

DSCN0024.JPG

this stuff actually works very well for a rattle can. it is a 2 stage paint with a very nice nozzle that sprays a pattern almost like a spray gun. once you activate the catalyst, the paint is only good for about 24 hours. i paid about $23 for the can, but a pint of regular paint would have cost that much. no clean-up of spray gun. i was able to put 4 coats on the spoiler including the bottom.

came out very nice

DSCN0029.JPG

23 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Is that 110 Persimmons?  It has the same color change in photos as mine did, one picture looked red the next orange.  Looks great whatever color it is, spoiler too! :beer:

Site, it is called tor-red. one of chryslers colors from the newer cars. im really liking  the red-black

hood got some color today. a few spots of dust, but otherwise it came out good

inside edges

DSCN0059.JPG

inside center masked and ready for bed liner. this hood had been danced on, so every little dent and ding would have shown if i had painted it body color. you can see some of the wave-i-ness (sp?) in the center. the black bed liner has a texture and hides all the imperfections. it should also help to deaden noise

DSCN0061.JPG

DSCN0065.JPG

DSCN0069.JPG

and the top-side

DSCN0074.JPG

DSCN0073.JPG

Edited by sweatybetty