IGNORED

Horn stopped working because.....

rcb280z

Captian, 

That looks like a steel screw holding on the extendo contact, might that be a wear problem when the button wears down. Would not want the steel to eat into the contact ring.   A brass screw might be a better solution.

jwtaylor, Yes, a brass screw would be a better choice, but steel is what I had handy at the time.

I made sure there was significant meat on the contact above the screw tip though, so I'm not really worried. I'm guessing I should be able to get at least twenty to thirty years out of the contact before I need to check it. I'll put a note in my follow-up folder.  :)

When I fix (modify) something I make sketches.  When done they get put into the Z folder.  I never clean up the sketch or add notes - after all I fixed it. Strangely I can look at them and know what I was at least trying to do.  I pity the next owner trying to understand what I did and why though.

Yeah, I try to do the same, but I'm not completely diligent. Sometimes when I complete fix or project, I just want to stop thinking about it and don't catch up with the paperwork like I should. So I'm with ya. I pity the next owner of my car.

The worst ones for me is opening something up to mess with it and see some marking or writing inside there in MY handwriting clearly indicating that I've been in there before, but don't remember when or why...   :)

• Like 2

Yeah, I try to do the same, but I'm not completely diligent. Sometimes when I complete fix or project, I just want to stop thinking about it and don't catch up with the paperwork like I should. So I'm with ya. I pity the next owner of my car.

The worst ones for me is opening something up to mess with it and see some marking or writing inside there in MY handwriting clearly indicating that I've been in there before, but don't remember when or why...   :)

Hahaha! Thats the same problem I have CO. I guess its not a problem until, like you say, the next owner discovers it and says "what the hell".

Edited by rcb280z