IGNORED

Redwing's Car - An Update

SteveJ

It sounds like the car is getting better the more you drive it.

I do not think you have a fuel issue like before anymore.

Lumens,

Oh thank God (and some very savvy Z car owners) RedBird is doing excellent now that the gas problem is gone. A couple times in the past 3 days she has coughed and died. But started again quickly. I think that happened because I didn't give her enough gas.

Something a little different, but which I think I know what it is. Starting, she is now doing a rrrr, rrrr, rrrr, before catching and starting. This morning it was 34 degrees, and I was concerned if she would start at all. The reason being, she has an older battery, and it isn't even the right size (outside measurements). I have been expecting to have to replace it any time now. Maybe I will just bite the bullet and do it now before I get stranded because of it.

RB report up to date now!

Have a fantastic day, I plan to go for a ride in this beautiful weather! Love my ride!!!

Jai

• Like 1

The battery was already down once. I'm not sure how old it is. It may be nearing the end of it's useful life.

Yes, the battery was limping along, low in whatever they call it when they test it. So since I had just gotten a payment on the old truck I had, I went ahead and got a new battery. Preventative, so I would not get stuck out somewhere, who knows where. Yikes, the price of batteries have really gone up since I last bought one.

AND........ I met a man at Advance Auto, who does paint and body work. He is going to fix the big dent in RedBird, plus the long skinny along the bottom of the door, plus about 10 little tiny bubble rust starts, and 2 larger, for under what the body shop was going to charge for the big dent only. This is great! I hated to have the door painted at the body shop without the long scrape fixed. They wanted $650 for that long scrape alone. This new man has had training in the work he does, plus over 5 years of actual hands on work daily, doing this. Then weekends doing cars like RB. The Advance man was saying that he has known him for years, and knows the good work he does. Also, I get a lifetime guarantee with it. Sounds good to me!

Jai

• Like 1

Lifetime guarantee? Caveat emptor

Ha!  I missed that guarantee.  LOL

I agree. Your lifetime? Your car's lifetime? The painter's lifetime? A gnat's lifetime? Talk is cheap, good paint and body work isn't - especially spot jobs that require color/fade matching.

Dennis

For as long as he works at Advance, where you can find him.  ;)

RedBird is in the hands of the body shop after all. The other person was not able to do her, for whatever reason.

The gentleman at the body shop has assured me that she will have the best of care. He fully understands my uneasiness of leaving her there, he loves the older cars too. He even offered to call me a couple times this week to keep me informed on her progress. They will lock her up inside at night, per my request. And... surprise of all, their painter is my next door neighbor (understand that is acres away from me), and has been with them for 16 years. I had no clue! I met him at the mailboxes (5) last weekend, a rare instance, and he gushed all over at how much he loves RB. So that is good, he too will look after her.

I have another question on something that happened with RB last night. But since this forum is getting so long, I was going to start another one. But I can't figure how to do it. And the help list is no help, saying I need to use START NEW TOPIC. But it is not listed anywhere. Is there a secret to finding that?

Thank you all,

Jai

Great news Jai, happy for you.  :)

Yes you should start a new thread, this one is loooooong.  Look for "Forums" on the left side under "Navigation" click Forums, then click "1st generation", then you'll see "Subforums".  Click the one that pertains to your query then you'll see 'Start new Topic" towards the top on the far right.  That's it.

You do know the trick for getting to the last post, right?  Under the last poster's username there's the day and time, click on that and it'll send you right to the end.  It took me a year on here before I figured that out. 

• Like 1

Great news Jai, happy for you.  :)

You do know the trick for getting to the last post, right?  Under the last poster's username there's the day and time, click on that and it'll send you right to the end.  It took me a year on here before I figured that out.

No, sure don't know how, cannot make this work for me. Last posters name, who's, the name of the post you want to get to the end on? Users name and day and time are on the same line, above the post here. I probably am looking at the wrong thing tho.

Would really like to know this trick.

Thanks,

Jai