IGNORED

Thinking about installing an BMW M6 engine in my Z

grannyknot

6 hours ago, Dave WM said:

One more, at what point do you put on the chrome trim on the outside of the weather strip.

Myself and lots of other guys have found it easier to install the stainless steel trim before you install the glass/seal on the car.

By the time the whole unit is on the car the rubber is stretched tight and it is very easy to rip the rubber trying to get it over the trim.

6 hours ago, Careless said:

""i hereby reserve the right to contract christopher square knot for datsun 240z windshield installation in the near future." - wayne gretzky" - raff

I'll have to check my schedule..... yes I think I can squeeze you in any time you like, I'll bring my own lubeROFL

Well I got some gas in the tank today and turned the key, I wasn't really expecting the engine to fire up the first time but it would have been nice, she's going to make me work a little more before she gives it up. Something to do with the Megasquirt no doubt, I'll give megasquirt Matt a call and see if he can help me out again.

Got the the rear glass in today,DSCN1534.JPGDSCN1542.JPGall the rubber seals are in now, as well as the leather interior pieces,DSCN1541.JPGcleaned and dressed the tires,DSCN1536.JPGand installed the Mr.K rear view mirror,DSCN1540.JPG

• Like 4

I have heard of people that seem to carry their own electrical fields around with them that screw up electronics that they get near to, I don't know if I am one of those people but I do know I have zero luck with them.

I got rid of the BMW Motronic ECU because I couldn't get spark or injector pulse to work. (by the way I sold that ECU to another guy with a M6 and he said it worked perfectly!) So I installed a Megasquirt system and after months of head banging got the engine running well, I carefully transferred everything in to the Z not changing a thing ... and you've probably guessed it, No spark, No injector pulse.:facepalm:I hate F---ing electronics.

Megasquirt Matt says he's going to try to come over on Monday and have a look, I'm going to spend the weekend going over all my wiring again and again.

8 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Megasquirt Matt says he's going to try to come over on Monday and have a look, I'm going to spend the weekend going over all my wiring again and again.

Chris, you might do yuorself a favor by leaving it alone and let Matt have a look at it. You still have other work to do, which you are very good at.

I look at it this way. I could spend a lot of time and frustrating effort doing it myself, or get someone that knows what he is doing do it for me, then spend my time on the stuff I can do.

Oh and it has taken me years to figure that out. Im a hard learner....

• Like 1