IGNORED

My Datsun 280Z "Rustoration"

HaZmatt

i believe the sway bar should rotate freely in its bushings, so it wouldn't present any resistance to the car settling.

are you sure the springs are set correctly in the perches? also, are you sure you have the correct springs (front in front, rear in rear)?

Yea I triple checked the placement of the springs. The longer ones are in the rear. I'll wait until the motor is in before I worry about it. :D

I wouldn't worry about the height yet.

No glass or seats or anything else in the interior for that matter. What about gas tank and differential? Spare tire?

I'm thinking you're going to be adding hundreds of pounds before your done, so I wouldn't worry until you have it loaded and then see where you're at.

Yea I triple checked the placement of the springs. The longer ones are in the rear. I'll wait until the motor is in before I worry about it. :D

I've heard that once or ten times before! If they're Eibachs, look at the part numbers on the springs. The ones ending in .001 go in front and .002 in back.

I'm running Eibachs and my car isn't sitting anywhere that high. Like others have said, check the part numbers, fully assemble the car, then see where you're sitting. I installed mine, then checked the part numbers and realized I had them in backwards.

Got some stuff installed in the engine bay.

Horns

post-29861-14150829186502_thumb.jpg

Inspection light

post-29861-14150829186736_thumb.jpg

Hood latch and misc..

post-29861-14150829187131_thumb.jpg

Pedal box and steering wheel painted and installed. (new steering wheel coming)

post-29861-14150829211853_thumb.jpg

New Muteki black wheel lugs

post-29861-1415082921219_thumb.jpg

post-29861-14150829212355_thumb.jpg

Also just ordered:

Brake booster

Brake master cylinder

Clutch cylinder

Speedometer cable

New engine mounts

Hazmatt, you are doing great work, don't worry about the height of the wheel arches. Once the engine/tranny are in things will even out more and you will be surprised how much the weight of the interior fittings affect the stance.

The detail is superb! But with that white engine bay I can see how your weekends are going to be spent once she is on the road.

Chris

Hazmatt, you are doing great work, don't worry about the height of the wheel arches. Once the engine/tranny are in things will even out more and you will be surprised how much the weight of the interior fittings affect the stance.

The detail is superb! But with that white engine bay I can see how your weekends are going to be spent once she is on the road.

Chris

Beats the hell outta cleaning the house LOL LOL LOL