IGNORED

Konig Rewinds

derbyD

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/help-me/31117-konig-wheel-issue.html has many answers for me.

From what I now understand the 16" has no issues but the 15" does. Would anybody know if any of the center caps from the link below will snap into place with the 16" rewinds?

Motorsport! Wheel Emblems & Caps - The Z Store, Nissan-Datsun 240Z-260Z-280Z-280ZX-300ZX(Z31/Z32)-350Z-370Z Parts

I'm guessing a call to MSA could answer that question since they sell the wheels and the various caps. When I bought my 15" Rewinds from them, they didn't suggest any of the other caps as a suitable fit for the front dust cap problem. Perhaps they have something new since then for the 16" wheels if clearance is a problem. Let us know what you find out.

Dennis

I run Konig 16 X 7 0 offset with 225-50 Michelin Pilot Sports and no issue with the center caps at all. Car has never handled so well.

Only issue I had was some very slight rubbing on the rear tires at the top of the fender well when I would go over large bumps in the road. A slight roll of the rear fenders cured that problem.

Here's a few pictures so you get an idea of how they look.

Mike.

post-19584-14150825009434_thumb.jpg

post-19584-14150825010117_thumb.jpg

post-19584-14150825010794_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Like some others, I'm also running the 16X7 Konigs. I have 205/55 tires mounted and lowered springs but get no rubbing on any of the fenders. I got the wheels and tires from Discount and was able to negotiate some $ savings with a package deal. This size tire retains the OE 25" diameter to avoid speedo errors. To get the center caps on did require a small bit of relief on the dust covers.

post-22303-14150825039787_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The Konig front cap fitment for me was two fold. The interference was in the space between the wheel hole and the hub casting that prevented the plastic tangs on the cap from going all the way on. Once I ground a very small relief circle into the hub around the wheel opening, the wheel bearings caps only needed a tiny flattening to clear the depth of the cap.

• 2 weeks later...

The wheels I ordered (konig rewinds 15 x 7 0 offset) came with black rings. I think they are centering rings. They will not fit over the very last lip of the hub. I grinded down the plastic tab on the center cap of the wheel and smashed down the grease cover, the wheels now fit great. My concern is not having that black ring on. Does it matter?