IGNORED

Did jay spill the beans?

Carl Beck

The 370Z IS the newest 240Z set them side by side and it is as close as they have come to the original since 78. I have been looking for a 370 for over a year, trying to find one on auction that I can get for a reasonable price. Obama's "cash for clunkers" program drove up the prices on all the used cars at the block and they haven't started to drop even now.

I hope Nissan can find a way to get even closer to the S30 in the next round of the Z.

"Take a guess at maybe" are his exact words. How do you get...spill WHAT beans? :ermm:

Very nice concept car, though. I'm thinking that the "240Z", Nissan's ultimate sports car of the time, is now an Infinity brand. And, as we are about to experience with the automotive industry in general, will be powered by electric motors. We'll have to go back to school and bone up on the trick magnet set-up instead of our usual cam conversation, eh? I was especially UNIMPRESSED with the rear-view camera location. Stuck out in the middle of the slipstream and in the optimal position for a piece of reflective glass - not a camera!?!?!!! :sick:

Obama's "cash for clunkers" program drove up the prices on all the used cars at the block and they haven't started to drop even now.

What!??!?? The one month "Cash for Clunkers" program ended three years ago and you're still blaming that for the current market prices on used cars? You sound like one of those "blamers" that thinks they're entitled.

I hope Nissan can find a way to get even closer to the S30 in the next round of the Z.

I really don't think we will ever see a design reminiscent of the original S30. Way too much has changed in the automotive industry. We have antiques. Might as well face up to it and move on, don't you think?

So you are saying that ugly plastic electric $h!t box's are all we can look forward to if you can't afford to pay $100,000.00 for a car?

I don't think the Tesla http://www.teslamotors.com/ and the Fisker http://onward.fiskerautomotive.com/en-us/karma/overview/ are ugly or plastic and their prices will only go down - just like calculators, computers, and plasma TVs have done over a 20-30 year period. I'm sure horse & buggy drivers felt the same way about those pesky gas powered cars 110 years ago.

Dennis

Electric cars have been the next big thing for the last hundred years. I assure you that the hearse that takes each and every one of us to our final resting place will be powered by an internal combustion engine. I can produce many times the energy by burning farts than I can ever dream of producing with a wind mill or solar panel. These things are Star Trek fantasies and happy dreams, not practical, profitable realities. If our government would step aside and stop making us fund these follies, the private sector markets would crush all of these companies in the wink of an eye.

Electric cars have been the next big thing for the last hundred years. I assure you that the hearse that takes each and every one of us to our final resting place will be powered by an internal combustion engine. These things are Star Trek fantasies and happy dreams, not practical, profitable realities.

I think we've probably moved a bit off topic here, but just for the record......a gasoline powered hearse is not everyone's only option for that ride to the final resting place. SpaceX, owned by the same guy who builds those expensive electric Teslas can lift your remains into space.

Your "Star Trek fantasies" reference doesn't really support your premiss in that James Doohan, who played Scotty on the original "Star Trek", is eternally orbiting as I type this. See link http://tinyurl.com/8k722yh .

We now return to the regularly scheduled "Spill the beans" discussion.

Dennis

There are definitely changes coming. Did you know the government has mandates in place to meet certain fuel economy rules by certain deadlines? We will see a change in the way engines work, most certainly. I don't want to sabotage this thread so I'll start another one. But, I'm excited to see a new 240z ! I just hope they go back to their roots like VW, GM, Mini, and Fiat have done.

My guess is they'll call the Mini-Z which has been discussed here quite a bit (http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_vehicles/1207_nissan_working_on_mini_z_to_target_frs_brz) the 'new 240z'. Makes perfect sense since Automobile Magazine has compared the FR-S to the original 240z (http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/driven/1210_respect_your_elders_1971_datson_240z_vs_2013_scion_fr_s). I agree with the others...I'll keep my '72.

Thinking Nissan/Datsun should give us a 510 as competition to the FR-S and step out of the box a little and just give us another Z as competition to the Miata. Just dont know what the Bozo Nissan people are thinking with all these JUKE/MURANO/ROGUE look alikes?

Thanks now I feel better!

I think we've probably moved a bit off topic here, but just for the record......a gasoline powered hearse is not everyone's only option for that ride to the final resting place. SpaceX, owned by the same guy who builds those expensive electric Teslas can lift your remains into space.

Your "Star Trek fantasies" reference doesn't really support your premiss in that James Doohan, who played Scotty on the original "Star Trek", is eternally orbiting as I type this. See link http://tinyurl.com/8k722yh .

We now return to the regularly scheduled "Spill the beans" discussion.

Dennis

Was he sitting atop an electric rocket before being launched into orbit? And how do you think his body was creamated, easy bake oven?

In thrust we trust, baby....

Was he sitting atop an electric rocket before being launched into orbit? And how do you think his body was creamated, easy bake oven?

In thrust we trust, baby....

It was only part of his cremains, and the vessel failed to reach orbit. I still anticipate a hydrocarbon powered vehicle to move my dead body around.