IGNORED

What makes a Z a Z? What modifacations go too far to be called a Z?

hls30.com

What Mods make you question whether a Car is still a Z?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. What Mods make you question whether a Car is still a Z?

• A non L series Engine
    • A non Z Engine
    • A Non Nissan Engine
    • Non Z ECM transplant
    • Non Z ECM
    • Harness Grafting
    • Too many Interior modifications
    • Too many Exterior Modifications
    • Any deviation from as the factory made it
    • ANy deviation from stock not covered by parts supercession

Not sure how I wanted to comment on this issue, so I have procrastinated .

After putting 300 miles on my car this last weekend I have decided that the L6 has to been in the car to remain a Z. I have had a lot of nice cars, but the Z motor is the best sounding engine by far of all of them and makes the Z car what it is.

As far as body mods, as long as the original lines are not altered -maybe just extenuated ( i.e. Spoiler, airdam) .

The classic lines are to nice to alter.

Hey OJ, here is a Cor-Z to go with your "Z-Vette" LOL LOL LOL.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/3233974474.html

For sale to highest bidder, Saturday, September 15, 2012 at Stokes auction. Go on-line at ..www.stokesauctioninc.com for details, times.

This is a Corvette Kit Car on a 1978 Datsun 280Z. It is fun, fast and attention-getting. receipts and pictures of the build are in the car to view. It runs and handles very well. We are selling only because we have 8 cars between us and the insurance is killing us:) She sold one so I have to sell one.

It has a small hole in the whale-tail, took a branch in the windstorm. Come out to the auction and bid. You could get very lucky.

5 speed, custom wheels, B F Goodrich tires, fuel injection, many new parts. About 17,000.00 invested. It is red with black interior.

It's PERFECT!!!

And it has mud guards!

post-1490-14150820119292_thumb.jpg

post-1490-14150820119466_thumb.jpg

post-1490-1415082011963_thumb.jpg

Edited by EScanlon

Stainless Steel bolt kits, for the engine or the body or interior..... Modification or 'upgrade?'

IMO, it's an upgrade in most places, especially places that will get exposed to the elements of Mother Nature, a long as they are not polished to a chrome-like sheen. Also, stainless steel bolts aren't needed for the interior of the S30, and aren't even exposed, so the original or hardware-store fasteners are adequate.

It's PERFECT!!!

And it has mud guards!

yes Mr. E, this mud flapped red kit/Z will look nice on your drive way, go grab it before some one else takes this in your words ''PERFECT'' specimen away from you. Your ISCA group will love to see you in this ride ;)

Edited by 72 OJ