IGNORED

What makes a Z a Z? What modifacations go too far to be called a Z?

hls30.com

What Mods make you question whether a Car is still a Z?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. What Mods make you question whether a Car is still a Z?

• A non L series Engine
    • A non Z Engine
    • A Non Nissan Engine
    • Non Z ECM transplant
    • Non Z ECM
    • Harness Grafting
    • Too many Interior modifications
    • Too many Exterior Modifications
    • Any deviation from as the factory made it
    • ANy deviation from stock not covered by parts supercession

Do you mean something like putting on the Mega Squirt fuel injection system in stead of the L- Jetronic? I hear of some HybridZ guys doing it with "big improvements." You might notice the difference IF you are thoroughly familiar with the L28E engine.

Everyone has their own opinion as to what level of originality is the minimum necessary for it to be a Z. A Z is NOT a muscle car. A Z is NOT a Ferrari or a Chevy or a Chrysler or a Ford. It's not a jet or a diesel tractor. It's what Mr K envisioned it to be, which probably allows some latitude, but not too much. It's a fun car, a classic car, a elegant car, and it's unlike anything else. It's soul is what sets it apart, the essense of that brought it to popularity back in 1970. It was a mixture of known lines, yet in a unique form. It put the Japanese sport car industry on the map and shook the world. It's historic!!! It wows everyone who sees, even the owner.

Edited by bpilati

I invite you to see her, click on pic for a large view, aint she a pretty Z :classic:

In all honesty, and all seriousness, your Z isn't any better looking then mine or dozens of other Z's that are owned by the members of this club. I really don't see why you think yours is special. In fact there are many that far exceed it.

In all honesty, and all seriousness, your Z isn't any better looking then mine or dozens of other Z's that are owned by the members of this club. I really don't see why you think yours is special. In fact there are many that far exceed it.

His is special because it is his, just like yours is special because it is yours, but Everyone knows Mine is clearly the superior Z.It is without a doubt and obvious to everyone who sees it that isn't a complete and totally blind moronic stooge butt wipe that she is the best Z in the entirety of the face of the slab of concrete that floors my garage! I am proud of her too, but I am not interested in forcing my opinion of my Z on anyone else, when I can enjoy their perfect Zs too!

His is special because it is his, just like yours is special because it is yours, but Everyone knows Mine is clearly the superior Z.It is without a doubt and obvious to everyone who sees it that isn't a complete and totally blind moronic stooge butt wipe that she is the best Z in the entirety of the face of the slab of concrete that floors my garage! I am proud of her too, but I am not interested in forcing my opinion of my Z on anyone else, when I can enjoy their perfect Zs too!

So, let me see if I'm correctly interpreting what you wrote..... You, like the rest of us, own a Z because you like some things about it. But, you're emotionally secure and mature enough to not have to mention the wonderfulness of your Z in just about every message you post.

You realized long ago that we all bought Zs for as many reasons as there are Zs and "beating your own drum" doesn't make you any better than anyone else. While an owner can make the car special, the opposite is rarely true.

Good attitude!

Dennis

Edited by psdenno