IGNORED

weatherstrip and bushing kit 240z

black gold

Dears, I’m looking for weatherstrip kit and suspension polyurethane bushing kit for my 1970 240z. Where I may find them and what is the best choice from where I have to buy. Any recommendations or ideas please inform me. Thanks

Like Bruce said, not too many kits around so may have your best results by building it yourself from multiple sources. The folks at Vintage Rubber are advertising two kits, they are anything but cheap. If you decide to order, I suggest you check in advance to see if all parts are available. The VR products are excellent, they have cured most or all of the fitment issues you get with some other products. Most of the aftermarket items are made by Precision Rubber Products (PRP) and are generally good products. The most troubling fit areas with PRP are the big gaskets for doors, windshield, rear hatch. Genuine Nissan gaskets are also available for these areas, try Courtesy Nissan for help. They know the old cars very well and provide excellent service (a lot of international shipping).

http://www.vintagerubber.com/

http://www.courtesyparts.com/

Be cautious with going with all poly bushings. You will get a very hard and potentially noisy ride if you move away from rubber bushings. I know - I did this and will begin the switch back to rubber in the near future.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Views: 143

replies: 2

?????????????????????????

Have patience. Look at other current threads, you will see similar view vs. reply rates. Not everyone looking at a thread has experience with your topic. You can always use the search function to get a look at old threads related to weatherstrip.

I used the vintage rubber kit and it works ok however the seals need time to soften, mostly in the hatch area. High quality but make sure they have the seals in stock and it would have been nice if the seals were labeled.. I'm using all original bushings except for the transmission crossmember. These were fun to track down but I wanted oe.

I used the Black Dragon kit

Everything worked great except the door rubbers

I bought the kit 3 years ago and used it a year and a half ago.

The door rubbers were too fat.

I used Volvo 850 rubbers from a wrecking yard and they were a good install with some tweeking.

Casey

From all i have read thru the years on these sites, I would strongly recommend using genuine Nissan on the your windshield and hatch seal. Most of my seals were percision seals, and they did okay. But the windshield seal is lacking a perfect fit and if I was a daily driver in rain, I wouldn't be happy. The corners do not fit as well as a Nissan seal. The door seals are also okay from precision, but guys have had good luck with the kia sportage door seals- try searching that.

It comes down to how cheap you need to go. You can get buy with aftermarket, but the crucial areas should be done with Nissan seals. And like said above-Black dragon offers little to no customer support. They usually have to call the warehouse just to get the manufacture of the item. MSA will usually tell you if their item is genuine Nissan or not.

Have patience. Look at other current threads, you will see similar view vs. reply rates. Not everyone looking at a thread has experience with your topic. You can always use the search function to get a look at old threads related to weatherstrip.

Thanks for advice. Good hint to check other old similar subject