IGNORED

What are they worth?

Orbit

I have come across two 240z cars. One is 1971 white with 71 miles on it, not 71k just 71. And a 1972 240z with the green rally package with only 138 miles. Both belonged to a dealer who parked them in a garage packed with NOS parts. He has since passed away and I am selling the estate. Any help on value would be appreciated. I have pictures if that helps

That sounds a bit hard to believe, but I'm local in the Seattle area if you want someone to look them over for/with you. Send me a PM if interested, otherwise just post pictures here to this site. There is no such thing as a "green rally package" though.

-Mike

The answer is a lot..........IF

IF this is for real

IF there is good documentation and lineage of ownership

IF they were stored properly

IF they are documented in the "found" condition

IF they are successfully marketed and sold

Sent PM. Carl Beck is a good source for getting an idea what these cars might be worth. What one has to remember is that there is value to a low mileage car but how they have been maintained and stored will be the greatest factor affecting the value. jlp

Pictures would help!

for me this sound`s like catch.

These car may need to be completely parted out and rebuild

just because they never ran. Every bearing and rubber may need to be changed.

This is hard to imagine.

First, Datsun put aprox. 5 miles on every 240Z before it left the plant, (in road tests miles on their test track).

Then, the car was driven onto a truck which carried to the dock. It was then driven off the truck and onto the boat. Once shipped to the US, it was driven off the boat and onto another truck to be delivered to the dealership. It was then driven off the truck and around to the dealership service department.

Once at a dealership, they were moved around and often test driven.

Once it was purchased someone drove it home.

With all that driving, every Z car should have had at least 15 to 20 miles. That means it must have never been driven any after it was purchased.

That just seems hard to believe.