IGNORED

EBAY item # 330681992301

72 OJ

No way that car is worth that much. It's not that clean. I'd say it's a $15k car.

I hate to see a sturdy example of an early z gets hacked up like that. The series one means nothing now, it's a hybrid car.

That said, it's a pretty cool car otherwise. It would be fun. I'd prefer a z motor personally.

Someone might see this car as worth $25k, another $45k....at the end of the day it is worth what the market will bear. I would guess that small amount of rust would translate into a $20k vacation on the rotisserie. Ask me how I know.

This could be an important auction if it gets any visibility.

If resto modded Z's start to gain in value, or at least perceived value, the floodgates will open up for more 240Z butchery. Hard to predict what will be in vogue in the future, but as more and more kiddies never learn about carbs, or even worse, they vilify them out of ignorance, swaps may gain in value. Most 20 somethings never learned to turn a wrench, as the first car they owned was a honda civic which thrived on neglect. These engine swaps into Z's require an experienced car guy and tuner...

AS far as the pics, I saw two things that alarmed me. It looked like he was holding up the car with exhaust jack up tubes, and it appears that the fuel cell is INSIDE the car. Some of this speaks to a lazy build. The front valance is not painted. THe headlight covers are not installed, why not?

I see this car as a maintenance nightmare. Where do you go to have it fixed. It is so far from stock, what Z mechanic would look at it. Good luck on the sale, but this is certainly not my cup of tea. Now if it had an L2X in it, with triples, I would find it far more palatable.

Personally... I don't think he will receive a single realistic bid either, My dad works for fedex so for me when i can annoy him enough, seeing as how he spends months out of the year in japan he picks me up random odd and ends over there for my 76 280z. Skyline engine can be found all day long over there it helps that my old man has 5 Z,s as well...LOL anyway i just don't think thats a very realistic number for a car with that much aftermarket/modified/converted parts to it

I feel like if you are one of the lucky people who owns one of these beautiful cars then you are in the minority by now you if haven't learned how todo a lot of the work yourself. Deep down i think a small part of all of us want to turn these into fire breathing dragons throw in a skyline engine some of these sweet control arms disc brakes all around upgraded electrical connect to power all that cool new stuff. But...that being said that car looks like one of the biggest headaches I've seen in a while just imagine the trouble shooting... dist timing, vacuum advance, lord knows if he was a competent electrician, space clearances, part numbers to look up correlating systems made by different manufacturers that you would have to look up for all that not so fun technical info and who knows whats been done to clutch, drive train, Is the engine stock internally? The List goes on and on and on .

No thank you. Personally i think that unless the builder came with the car sort of like your under the dash gnome that showed up whenever you have problems, cars like this are retarded to try and get that much from and to try and get every nickel and dime back will never happen. A brand new jaguar lets just say 120K right off showroom floor loses 30k in value the moment the first owner takes it outta the showroom ,every one knows the next guy never pays as much for what you think is a great aftermarket job . And for that price tag I guarantee I could put together a car just as "Bad arse". For that type of money for a Z in america that should be a perfect 10 restored should be 30-50k, in japan the cars that look like this (JDM SPEC) but with the mighty stroker 3.2l six with a twin turbo with every nut and bolt restored to top quality can run about 100k U.S. dollars last time I looked And sadly for the money this car is nowhere close to that level of badaZZness

22 hrs to go ,one bid and over 6 thousand bites on the post.I like to see them with period mods, to me simplicity on their mechanics is my magnet to them, over the top mods are complicated and not for me but it seems to be a trend. So lets enjoy them and to each it's own.:cool:

Edited by 72 OJ