IGNORED

240Z chrome taillamp strips

zed2

I would only consider a pair of chrome stips if:  

32 members have voted

1. 1. I would only consider a pair of chrome stips if:

• Priced between $20-30 (before shipping & handling)
    • Priced between $30-40 (before shipping & handling)
    • Priced between $40-50 (before shipping & handling)
    • Less than $90 (before shipping & handling)

Received my set of taillight strips from Kip......the strips are molded fine, but the chrome is more like a shiney paint......JDM strips have nice original looking chrome....looks like Randy's are nice too, but haven't seen them in person yet.

Edited by Diseazd

Received my set of taillight strips from Kip......the strips are molded fine, but the chrome is more like a shiney paint......JDM strips have nice original looking chrome....looks like Randy's are nice too, but haven't seen them in person yet.

Our chrome strip is triple chrome, Not vacuum metalizing.

Triple chrome over plastic is desired for exterior parts!

If you’re looking for “restoration quality” tail lamp bars for your 240Z, I’m confident these are the best you’ll find. Molds were created from a set of perfect OEM parts. I wanted to be sure all the appropriate mold marks were there (L and R for left and right) and that each part was dimensionally perfect, right down to the length and diameter of the mounting pins. Each part has been triple chrome plated to assure they will standup to the elements. My supplier produces parts for the OEM auto market, so you can be assured of their quality.

Here are a few pictures of the tail lamp bars ready to ship. Parts are shipped in a poly bag, the fastening hardware loosely attached to the appropriate mounting posts and an instruction sheet is inserted to help with disassembly and reassembly. I carefully inspect and test fit each set with a set of tail lamps, prior to shipping. Poly bags are packed in slightly oversized boxes stuffed with packing material to assure damage free delivery.

Tail lamp bars are $190 a pair, which includes everything you’ll need to install them. The price also includes shipping anywhere in the U.S. or Canada. E-mail me at: parallax.randy.lewis@gmail.com to order or should you have any questions. I’m offering quantity discounts to retailers or for individual orders over 20 units.

post-18952-14150826244794_thumb.jpg

Hi,

My order has arrived (Maine) already. It was promptly shipped and the bars were well packed.

The bars look beautiful and if they fit as well as they look, I'll be delighted.

I should note that a very easy to follow instruction sheet accompanied the bars.

Hats off to Randy!!

Does anyone make chrome strips for a 260-280. The strips on my left taillight needs replacing.

Ray,

I'm not aware of anyone reproducing the 260/280 tail light bezels, but I do re-chrome them and do have a few sets of finished bezels available for sale. Feel free to PM me for details and pricing info.

Mike

• 7 years later...

Since I started this thread, please do not consider this a hijacking!

With all the innovation in 3D printing, does any have experience scanning the 240Z Chrome Strip and printing them with high resolution media.

If successful, then the strip could be wrapped with a gloss silver chrome product (https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/dc/v100832898/).

Thoughts?

Keith

12 minutes ago, zed2 said:

Since I started this thread, please do not consider this a hijacking!

With all the innovation in 3D printing, does any have experience scanning the 240Z Chrome Strip and printing them with high resolution media.

If successful, then the strip could be wrapped with a gloss silver chrome product (https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/dc/v100832898/).

Thoughts?

Keith

If seeking originality, I'm not sure what paint can be applied to recreate black strip in the center that will adhere properly.