IGNORED

Progress on rust repairs

240dkw

Mark: I was not able to used the metal bits, too far gone. I had the inside grill piece from another one so I was able to shine it up as well as the door spring. I am now looking for the ring that goes around the lighter.

• 4 weeks later...

e-tek: had a slow month, not much progress on the car. Very busy with some house stuff. I have joined the ranks of the retired/unemployed so am planning on lots of progress/updates over the next couple of weeks.

Your car looks fantastic. Did you replace or refinish your brake/fuel/clutch hard lines? Would you mind elaborating on that?

Thanks...

Sure, I used a brass wire wheel on a elec motor to clean them, and then used "never-dull" to polish them up. I then sprayed a clear coat. They are silver rather than the zinc-cad finish. My plating system is not large enough to do them so I will live with the wrong finish.

More congratulations!!

This afternoon I was quizzed (cross examined) by a lawyer about, 'What are you doing these days?'. I then asked him, 'what do you mean?' To this he asked the same question again. Without hesitation I responded, 'Gordon, I do what I please, when I please.' And with that, Dan, I had a very difficult time trying to contain a smirk. Enjoy!!

Cheers,

George