IGNORED

Considering Konig or Rota RB

d240zx2

Arne' date=' I wondered the same thing. That's why I mounted them sans tires. They fit fine with no "crushing" the grease caps.

Cheers, Mike[/quote']That's really good to hear. That was probably all that kept me from buying a set of Konigs before. Now I've gone a different direction, but if I change my mind again....

Finally mounted my new Rewinds. I also installed some Eibach Pro-Kit springs to go with my Tokico HP shocks. The front end is still riding maybe 1/2" higher than I had hoped, even after a 4 mile test drive, but I am hoping it will settle a bit more.

I went with the 195/60/15 Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position tires. They look a little stretched to me, but I guess it's because I'm coming from 14x6 (?) alloy wheels with 205/60/14 tires. I imagine I'll get used to the look.

In related news, I should have some 14x6 Nissan mag wheels with tires mounted, and plenty of tread, and a set of Tokico springs for sale shortly...

post-3312-14150810361525_thumb.jpg

post-3312-14150810362258_thumb.jpg

Finally mounted my new Rewinds. I also installed some Eibach Pro-Kit springs to go with my Tokico HP shocks. The front end is still riding maybe 1/2" higher than I had hoped, even after a 4 mile test drive, but I am hoping it will settle a bit more.

I went with the 195/60/15 Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position tires. They look a little stretched to me, but I guess it's because I'm coming from 14x6 (?) alloy wheels with 205/60/14 tires. I imagine I'll get used to the look.

In related news, I should have some 14x6 Nissan mag wheels with tires mounted, and plenty of tread, and a set of Tokico springs for sale shortly...

LOVE the tire and wheel combo.. you are really making me want to sell my panasports VERY much now. I want gunmetal rims, always have.

I can speak volumes about the pole positions. I just ran a track day with mine and they took 1 hour of beating and still look great. Are they as sticky as summer tires... NOPE, but are they darn good for an all season. Yes... they allowed me to enter corners way faster than I thought they would and were able to communicate so much to me through the wheel. I was leary of all seasons as this is the first pair I have EVER bought, but the 960AS pole positions are a very good tire.

I think your setup looks spectacular INF. The tires are the perfect size IMHO. Having tires straight up and down or just BAREly wider at the rim than the tire is a very good way to ensure a nimble feeling car, as that geometry tends to give a stiffer sidewall.

I may want to sell my panasports again!!!

Personally, I'd keep the Panasports Kedyone kenobi. They look great and they are fantastic quality. The Konigs are great, but they are cheaper for a reason. The Panasports meet all Japanese OE specs. Very few aftermarket wheels can say that. Look for the "JL" that is cast into the rim.

Konigs were not available in 16" when I got my Panasports, so I had no choice. Had the Konigs been on the market, I might have gone that way to save $500 or so, but I am very happy with my purchase. Since you already got the Panasports, be happy and keep them.