IGNORED

Canby '09, June 13 & 14, who's coming?

Arne

UHM.... Cruise control?? What's that?

BTW, I've got 2 decent HL switch cases for ya, just find me and remind me..

Thanks Dave! I'll find ya when I get there.

Was a nice show today....but I think there will be a lot more cars there tomorrow. Should be fun!

Greg

Canby 09 has come and gone having I think earned high marks for wether, turnout, tire kicking etc. but i have to share a good news bad news story that cracked me up.

One of rhe local 510 guys contributed boxes upon boxes, + a set of wheels and tires and a bumper or two for the raffle. It was the big prize thus the last one awarded and wouldn't you know it was won by a 510 guy which is the good news. Bad news is he's from Phoenix AZ and flew up just to partake of the fun and frivolity.

I'm not aware of anyone else there that flew to Portland for the Canby event but I have to think winning what had to be four or five hundred pounds of "collectables and near collectables" to try and get back to Phoenix was going to be a struggle.

Also the "rest area contingent" had to schedule their arrival just after shift change at the front gate when I came on duty. Nest year, if you hammerheads can muster getting up just a tick earlier, would it be too much to ask that you get there some time between 8 and 10?? Hm?

Anyway I'm sure others will be along with more stories and pictures but that's it from my corner of the room.....

The "rest area contingent" (13 S30s and one S130, this year) Could have arrived possibly 10 minutes earlier had the last few (cough, Gary, cough) been on time. ;) (Just kidding!)

The sun could have come out a bit earlier, but other than that, it was—as usual—a pretty good time, seeing cars and chatting with friends we don't see in person near often enough. Only one dark spot for me personally, when I discovered that some cretin had relieved my car of its fuel door latch while the car was unattended during the raffle/awards ceremony. :angry: :mad: :finger::cry: (If you who stole my car's part are reading this, let it be known that karma WILL get you in the end. We all reap what we sow.) So I'm now looking for a really great fuel door latch.

I'll upload my pics shortly.

I thought we arrived just before 10? Yes, Arne, I am sorry to see your fuel door latch was stolen. It's probably just another negative item on his long list of poor-boy antics. We will find you a new door latch. ;)

Aside from Arne's mishap, I think the show was great fun. I can't complain, my car saw the light of day and it's FIRST Canby show. Maybe next year I'll put it in the competition.

And, I was finally convinced I need to replace those wheels. My trip home was s-s-s-h-a-a-a-ky... Arne, I liked your idea. Buy the new Konig's and use my existing tires. This will save me some great money. BRILLIANT!

Oh, and Dave, thanks for the parking light harness. I was giving you crap in my message above. Workmanship looks excellent, you definitely know what you're doing. I'll let you know how the install goes.

Edit:

Bruce, I wanted to say THANKS for working at the show. The NWZ gang did a great job and it really showed off. It was a lot of work and I know it's good to hear feedback. :)

Mike

Only one dark spot for me personally, when I discovered that some cretin had relieved my car of its fuel door latch while the car was unattended during the raffle/awards ceremony. :angry: :mad: :finger::cry: (If you who stole my car's part are reading this, let it be known that karma WILL get you in the end. We all reap what we sow.) So I'm now looking for a really great fuel door latch.

That sucks Arne. This is the first year I stuck around for the raffle stuff (well most of it at least) and as we were all standing over there I looked back at the cars and wondered if they would be ok. I guess the thief had a series one car, because they apparently weren't interested in the hubcaps from my 72 :). If I had brought one of my early cars and someone had stolen the plastic fuel door knob from it I would be livid! I'll look around and see if I have a spare metal one for you.

-Mike

Sorry again to Arne for the idiot who stole your latch. Some peoples kids huh?

It was good to see Arne and wife, Gary, Tony and Hubby, Mike G, Enrique, Roger and Tara and all the rest of you today. We finally made it home as I almost daZed off on the way home. So I did a pit stop and woke up before hitting the road again.

** ALSO ** We ended up following the "1st Place Winner" (White 240Z, stock class) Canadian Plates, being followed by a Goldish Brown 260Z 2+2, from Tacoma to Marysville. It was pretty cool with all 3 of us flying thru traffic in tandom. The Looky Loos were abundant....

I spent so much time talking to Greg and other people (who were interested in the car and it's Many upgrades and Unique items) that I did'nt get much time to look around like I usually do. But for the few cars that I did see, It was worth it, as usual. And being part of the "Rest Area Contingent" and driving in the LOOOONG line of Z cars makes it worth it even more each year.

Mike, don't forget to take measurements (volts) before and after installing the PLH. Good to see ya again. Car looks great!!

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

Yeah, the fuel door latch tends to leave a sour taste, but overall the good definitely out-weighs the bad. One way or another, I will find another door latch, although it may take some time to find one as good as what I had. But seeing other cars, visiting with friends and sharing info was great, as always.

Yah I agree it was a great show this year!

Dave thanks a bunch for spending the time. I'll let you know when I get the delay unit all figured out and hooked up and working. If you like it and want to use it, I can make one up for you too easily enough.....let me know.

I was 3 minutes late this year, so I delayed Gary's group a couple minutes, but I suppose we can shoot for 15 minutes earlier next year....sound like a plan Gary?

Arne, I was just about to jack my car up and get a picture and some info for you on that clutch slave cylinder, so you can expect to hear more about that from me soon. I hope you're able to find a good fuel door lock soon and for not too much scratch. Whoever took it has no shame.....

It was nice to see everyone again....Hugh, Gary, Roger and Tara, Dave and Leah, Reuel, Rich, etc.

Greg