IGNORED

Let's show vintage racing pictures. I'll start.

conedodger

This is probably another from the same event. The guy I got the picture from is a nephew of Colin Chapman and a major Porsche 914 guy. I believe he is restoring a factory GT 914 of which there were 49 documented and owns another 914 6 as well... I will ask him to introduce himself next time he sees your car. His name is TC Carr and he lives in Florida too...

post-16545-14150817160929_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I'm puzzled by the statement that the Jag's 4.2L E-type beat out the Datsun 400+ HP turbo'd 280ZXs?? Those weren't turbo cars as far I know. So the 4.2L Jag beat a 2.8L Datsun, hmmm.

Try:

for a look at the 1980 runoff itself which includes the TR8 crash (ugly but no one was hurt).

been wanting to post some comments and photos for this thread and I finally have something to add. 2 famous Z cars that have not been out for close to 10 years just came out of hiding and were at an event at Laguna Seca last thur and fri being invited to a private event. Both cars showed up and both did well and it was great to see the Brad Friselle IMSA GTU car and Fitzy's 280ZX C-prod and IMSA GTU car(see above posts) and even thought the Fitzy car is now in the same paint job as the Electramotive and Logan Blackburn cars in the photo above it is the Designated Hitter car as I am now prone to calling it. Both car are on track to race 3-4 races this year including Monterey and possibly Sonoma. If I can figure out how to add some photos I will.

I'm puzzled by the statement that the Jag's 4.2L E-type beat out the Datsun 400+ HP turbo'd 280ZXs?? Those weren't turbo cars as far I know. So the 4.2L Jag beat a 2.8L Datsun, hmmm.

Try:

for a look at the 1980 runoff itself which includes the TR8 crash (ugly but no one was hurt).

This is the guy that let the JAG 4.2L on the track with the 2.8L DATSUN.

JOHN BISHOP Ocala, FL

132-bishop.jpg

The most-respected leader in the history of road racing in America - headed both SCCA and IMSA. Saw his first race at Watkins Glen in 1950 while a student of Industrial Design at Syracuse University . Began to illustrate race cars and sold them through the R. Gordon book store in New York City. Worked as a designer for Martin Aircraft. Hired by SCCA in 1956 to run its Contest Board and conceived and implemented classifying race cars by their potential, not just by their displacement. Became Executive Director of SCCA in 1962 and focused on burgeoning professional racing interest. First created the U. S. Road Racing Championship series, followed by Can-Am, Trans-Am and Formula 5000 series. Meanwhile, revamped SCCA’s Club Racing program to determine a National Champion in every class, an effort which resulted in the existence of the Runoffs. Created the International Motor Sports Association, drew up rules for a GT category and signed R. J. Reynolds as the sponsor for the new Camel GT. Sold IMSA in 1989, retiring to an aviation ranch community where he has built an aerobatic biplane which he flies regularly, plus flying two other planes. Remains active in road racing as a director of ACCUS FIA, a commissioner of NASCAR, and a commissioner of the Grand-American Road Racing Association. Also a founder and chairman of the

International Motor Racing Research Center at Watkins Glen.

http://www.rrdc.org/members.html

Edited by black gold man