IGNORED

Whats with the 8 spoke wheels?

94haut

They are a classic rim, and they are not just popular w/ Z-cars, or even Jap cars in general. Plenty of 240SX's, RX-7's, and AE86's are rolling on those rims, as well as a lot of British cars (not Watanbes in particular but that style). I think they look good on almost anything, I'm like the others though, love to have them but can't afford them.

I think they have a combination of old school and new school looks to them. I love mine.

Did you got your new suspension installed also? May be just me, but the car in that photo sits better than the initial install pics youposted awhile back.

Lookin good!

Edited by xray

• 6 months later...

Hi guys,

Sorry to bring this one back, but I too feel nothing looks better on a Z than an 8-spoke....I just love Watanabe's..:love:

Even though I'm not a 1:1 owner yet, I'm so passionate about them, I am making my own 1/12 versions to go on my 1/12 240ZG model..;)

newwheel-vi.jpg

Thats cool stump, I cant wait to see how your model turns out.

As I would love a set of 8 spoke wanabes for my 240Z. But, untill then I have my old school bean mags. I am also putting some thought into sending off my true wire wheels off for a rechrome.

Personally, I think any race style wheel set looks appropriate on the old Zs, or any sportscar for that matter......makes it look like a sportscar! However, the 8 spoke style really looks period correct to me.

Tom

There's just something special about 8-spoke wheels on a Z. Generally, even numbers of spokes don't look as good as odd numbers on most cars, but the ZX 6-spoke wheels as well as all the various 8-spoke designs look great IMHO. Since you asked... ROFL

75_3.jpg

IMG_2985c2.jpg

2008_ZCCA_Car_Show_002.jpg