IGNORED

Pushing for more HP on the L28

mikewags

I have your solution.... its called nitrous oxide. In the correct dosage its perfectly safe, is easy to conceal, and will not affect your normal drivability, and can beinstalled in a weekend.

Something about nitros...seems like cheating :)

Is you're car running? What's your current engine setup?

Something about nitros...seems like cheating :)

Is you're car running? What's your current engine setup?

I'm putting my wifes 240z together. I am a musclecar guy, but plan to build a hopped up Z car for myself someday. We are running a stock 240 engine with a 5speed zx transmission. The car was pretty darn quick before and it had an automatic.

My car is a 1971 buick (

) with a 600hp 455(
) Its mean and nasty.

Holy @*#$ ... big engine.

Any ideas on what kind of effect would a turbo-charger do on the stock L28e? Would this risk blowing the engine since it isn't designed for the extreme air intake? If not, would the performance gain be worth it?

Holy @*#$ ... big engine.

Any ideas on what kind of effect would a turbo-charger do on the stock L28e? Would this risk blowing the engine since it isn't designed for the extreme air intake? If not, would the performance gain be worth it?

I am no expert on turbocharging but I am becoming a huge fan of the technology. You can safely turbocharge your engine. You may not be able to run a lot of boost, but you still should be able to increase your power considerably, even with low boost levels.

• 13 years later...

Hi.

Without all the 'do more research' and 'this topic has already been answered' and 'well that's a big topic so be more precise' guff that you get from forum kings here is a good list that will help you.

1. Tyres

2. Brakes

2b. Both 1+2 together would be great!

3. Suspension.

4. LSD diff

5. Get 14k and order a Rebello Engine.

You're welcome.

Given that the French are a bunch of backwards ingrates it will come as a shock that they have managed to follow common era for at least 7 years if not more.

Your focus on the ‘bad’ in my post only proves my point chaps but I’ll let you off because you said my post was epic.

Unless it’s just you two and me on here now that mikewags has sadly left, perhaps my post can be helpful to others on a similar search for more power from their 6? Just a thought.

Onwards and upwards.