IGNORED

Nissan Repro Program Car on Ebay

nwcubsman

About the gas tank, I'm embarrassed. I used a shop rag to wipe it off and some of the red lint pulled out into the undercoating. I need to clean it off again with a towel. The flash really makes that show up. Bad on me!!!

QUOTE]

Did everyone see bobc's disclaimer about the picture of his gas tank in item #17? Makes sense to me, given the quality of the restoration.

Dan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-Z-Series-240-Z-1972-240-Z-Vintage-1-0f-37-in-the-world_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6187QQihZ008QQitemZ180246028228QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

haven't seen these on ebay for some time and now two in the last few weeks. 10K lower starting bid. maybe he'll get a bite. i seem to remember this ad, the part where he won't sell to just anybody rings a bell.

Hi

Another one!!! I wish to have one of the 37, them will never sell it! Let´s see if this one is had some bids on it!!

This is interesting from a point of view, but from another seeing 2 Vintage Z cars being sold almost at the same time, makes me sad.

FilipeA

Well this one should prove interesting...Carl and I both know where these pictures were taken. But, the purchaser does live in Ma., so maybe it is real. It would sure be an incredibly low price for this car to start with because we also know what the seller paid for it and what the current owner paid for it. I understand he's put it on ebay before but the starting price was considerably more and took it off after one day after having second thoughts. I can't say that for a fact, because I didn't see it.

Now, an update. I did sell my VZ yesterday. For the naysayers, I'll just say I'm very happy with the price, but the buyer is happy too, which is the way I wanted it to come out. I'm sure the price will leak eventually. It should help increase the value of our cars.

Second thoughts on selling it? Oh a thousand or more and if the purchase fell through I would be just as happy as I am with selling it. One day when it's worth $300K or so, I'm sure I'll be kicking the heck out of myself.

I learned that selling on ebay is quite an experience and in fact selling a car on ebay doesn't necessarily mean you sell it during the auction, but after when you start getting emails offering to purchase it. :laugh:

I'll be watching this one on line for sure!

Best,

Bob

I will not sell the car to a person who is going to destroy the car, it's a classic and should be treated accordingly.
I love quotes like that in ads! The real truth being that if I had a car for sale and it met the reserve and I was happy with the amount I received, what happens to it after the new owner takes ownership is out of my hands. Oh sure, I'd hate to see a FRP car turned into a 4X4 but what could you do?

Stephen,

I agree. You don't want to sell "your baby" to someone who is going to destroy it, but in reality what can you really do? Once you sell it, are you going to require the buyer to send you pictures and mileage records once a year??? Once it's gone, it's gone and the new owner can do anything they want to with it, so I don't know why people put things like that in their ads.

Also, the VZ on ebay has been pulled off. It says by the seller because it is no longer available for sale. I've written the seller to see if I can get the rest of the story. I'll post if I find out.

Randy won't sell me his lime green VZ (at least not yet!), so I was seriously considering taking mine down to the body and having it resprayed lime-green and then putting it back together. I couldn't do it any cheaper buying another car and it certainly would never have the quality of parts a VZ starts with. And, I doubt it would have seriously hurt the value of the car. Now that idea really upset some people!

Just noticed that mine, I'm going to have to get used to saying my former!

Best,

Bob