IGNORED

Nissan Repro Program Car on Ebay

nwcubsman

Yes, I believe that is bobc's beautiful car. I wish I had the space and the $$$ for it! I think of it this way, if I wanted a new Z, I could buy a 350/370, or I could buy this "new" 240 for about the same cost. One will go down in value after purchase, one will hold its value, or likely go up. No contest for me, I'd get the 240! :classic:

Lovely car! I'm anxious to see how it sells also. I noticed that one of the pictures was already in my file from 2006. I also notice many things characteristicly Vintage Z and / or Pierre. Haven't seen a VZ on the market in quite some time.

Doug, if you bought the 350, you could at least drive it. For the value of the VZ to stay steady or go up, you wouldn't be able to drive it much.

Hi

I have to put my sincerely toughts about this car that I already started to say something listed above.

My restoration program, make me spend much money on parts and seraching of perfection and new parts.

As "westpak" said there is some parts on the car makes me think that I probably did a restoration better them this on my car.

In my restoration, I did / put

INTERIOR

- new dash, new vinil (chassi and seats) , new door panels, new rubber set OEM(bought few weeks ago), new steering wheel, new heater control panel, new 5 speed ball, new plastic interior, new door arm rest, new rear mirror viewer, door locks, window handles, and many other stuff that my english words don`t come by....

ENGINE Compartiment

- Engine rebuilt with OEM piston bearings, new head bolts, new shocks, new fuel, water, oil pump, new plastic fan blade and fan cluctch, zinc all parts, new brake master cilider, new cluct cilinder, new complete OEM exaust, new disc brakes, and as above many other stuff

- Exterior

new paint, all new datsun symbol, new tyres, new front and side headlights, re-chrome bumpers, OEM nissan bumpers rubbers (all) and many other stuff

Take a look at my pictures... if I had the center console symbol it will be a Vintage Z Car

Pic_14024_15.jpg

Pic_14024_19.jpg

Pic_14024_24.jpg

Pic_14024_28.jpg

Pic_14024_30.jpg

Pic_14024_34.jpg

Pic_14024_35.jpg

Pic_14024_36.jpg

Pic_14024_40.jpg

Pic_15158_2.jpg

Many pictures are missing here, I probably will be critisized, but that´s my toughts.

Don´t get me wrong, a vintage Z will be always a Vintage Z, but I think my car is better them it car that is for sale.

Filipe Azevedo

Filipe,

Your reasoning is the reason Nissan stopped the program early-they found out that the restomod costs were more than they bargained for even taking some reasonable shortcuts. When commitment leads budget, the job details will almost always be better than when Budget curtails commitment.

These cars are important because of what they are(a manufacturer establishing a program to refurbish and resell their own used cars as new ones), not the level of detail in their restomod. I can't bring myself to call the program cars resorations because Nissan had the ability to truely restore the cars and clearly chose not to-No Z in the early seventies came from Japan with a program plaque on the console, program stickers on the windows, or a certificate of authenticy-much less reprinted manuals.

The car in this thread is a beautiful example of a program car-not a true Restoration.

Compare a Program car to a true #1 stock class car they are not the same. The best kept unaltered Program car will lose points (for the nonstock items added by the program) in the stock class of a ZCCA show, and not loose any in the modified classes-meaning as a restoration, it does not measure up-clean or not.

That doesn't mean I don't want it!

Will

In my opinion part of the allure of the VZ's is historical. Aside from the obvious fact that it's a Z, what else makes these cars special is the fact that no other car manufactuer ever had a program like this. That in itself make these select 240's unique.